Local drum shop in SW Florida

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
SW Florida drummers, I want to recommend Ace Drums in Port Charlotte. Ken Giunta is the owner. It's an amazing place. He must have 30+ drum sets, new and vintage, Gretsch, Premier, Ludwig, Rogers, etc., and tons of hardware, cymbals, and other stuff. Despite the the Internet music stores, Ken says business is good. I guess people still like a local store where you can talk to an actual human being.

I did a couple of Latin gigs in March, and I couldn't find my cowbell holder. Ken was out of new ones, so he took one off a vintage set and loaned it to me for a week, no charge. He's a great guy. If you haven't been to Ace Drums, check it out. He gets people from Miami and Tampa who make the drive, just to see his legendary place. :occasion5:

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
SW Florida drummers, I want to recommend Ace Drums in Port Charlotte. Ken Giunta is the owner. It's an amazing place. He must have 30+ drum sets, new and vintage, Gretsch, Premier, Ludwig, Rogers, etc., and tons of hardware, cymbals, and other stuff. Despite the the Internet music stores, Ken says business is good. I guess people still like a local store where you can talk to an actual human being.

I did a couple of Latin gigs in March, and I couldn't find my cowbell holder. Ken was out of new ones, so he took one off a vintage set and loaned it to me for a week, no charge. He's a great guy. If you haven't been to Ace Drums, check it out. He gets people from Miami and Tampa who make the drive, just to see his legendary place. :occasion5:
I'm gonna check it out when I'm nearby. I'm in the middle of the state but once in a while we pass thru there. Good to know!
I still gotta also check out Daytona Beach Drum Center which I've also heard great things about.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't ever get down to Florida from Michigan, but I like just hearing about cool drum shops. Gives me hope! Thanks, Ron.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Cool. When we go to our place in Ft Myers Beach, I’ll check it out!

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
Cool. When we go to our place in Ft Myers Beach, I’ll check it out!
Dan, Port Charlotte is about 30-35 minutes up the coast via I-75, not counting the time to get out to the interstate. It's worth the drive. Ft. Myers doesn't have any drum shops.
When you walk into the store, you'll be severely tempted to buy something. I'm warning you. :occasion5: