header.nohb.html

Long Beach California Drum Shops

Gunnellett

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm heading to Long Beach to catch up with some friends. If I have some time, I'd like to check out a local music shop or 2.

Any recommendations of shops with decent drum sections?

Thanks.

fibes3

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Definitely go to Pro Drum.
If you're not familiar with Los Angeles traffic, give yourself plenty of time. Traffic can be a nightmare!
Also if you're a fan of artery clogging chili burgers, go to Tommy's Original Burgers in Hollywood at Beverly and Rampart streets. There's also a Tommy's in Long Beach.

Cheers!
Dave

storsav

Reaction score
I live in Long Beach, nothing to see here...unless you want to get your hands on some classic Sonor stuff in my home studio. ;)
Pro Drum is the best around. GC Hollywood is fun too. Go when traffic is light--10 am-1 pm.

charlie's_good_tonight

Reaction score
Yeah, nothing in Long Beach. Monrovia is up near Pasadena, and that's where Lone Star Percussion's latest location is. California satellite for the LSP in Dallas. Haven't been to Monrovia location yet so can't vouch for it, but stopped in a few times at previous location in Fullerton (Orange County). Decent selection, they were still growing out the inventory. Some good guys in there, had fun talking shop. Was bummed when I learned they moved.

covinasurf

Reaction score
Yeah, nothing in Long Beach. Monrovia is up near Pasadena, and that's where Lone Star Percussion's latest location is. California satellite for the LSP in Dallas. Haven't been to Monrovia location yet so can't vouch for it, but stopped in a few times at previous location in Fullerton (Orange County). Decent selection, they were still growing out the inventory. Some good guys in there, had fun talking shop. Was bummed when I learned they moved.
Nice little shop. Same guys from Fullerton I believe, they were telling me about the move.

JH

Phantomlimb777

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I live in Long Beach. I’d recommend Pro Drum, and Motherland. The big box stores are decent, as well. There are also some jams in town, pm if you’d like to hang.

Mayan

Reaction score
Go to Pro Drum for sure, no reason to go to Sam Ash or Guitar Center in my opinion. Astro Burger is good, I agree, Tommy’s tastes good but the chili they put on everything has never not made me nauseous. If you really have time and want a fantastic burger (I know you didn’t ask about cheeseburgers!), go a little further north to Pasadena to Pie ‘n’ Burger. Get a burger and fries but stay for the pie too, trust me! Dutch Apple all the way :)

Oh and definitely go to Pro Drum! I think I said that.

RogersLudwig

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to Pro Drum for sure, no reason to go to Sam Ash or Guitar Center in my opinion. Astro Burger is good, I agree, Tommy’s tastes good but the chili they put on everything has never not made me nauseous. If you really have time and want a fantastic burger (I know you didn’t ask about cheeseburgers!), go a little further north to Pasadena to Pie ‘n’ Burger. Get a burger and fries but stay for the pie too, trust me! Dutch Apple all the way :)

Oh and definitely go to Pro Drum! I think I said that.
Well, I’m going to stand up for the Apple Pan restaurant on Pico Blvd. in West LA for burgers and apple pie and it’s closer to Pro Drum

Mayan

Reaction score
Well, I’m going to stand up for the Apple Pan restaurant on Pico Blvd. in West LA for burgers and apple pie and it’s closer to Pro Drum
I love the Apple Pan too! Although I’d still give the trophy to Pie ‘n’ Burger, Apple Pan has an awesome cheeseburger for sure. But get the banana cream pie @ Apple Pan! Is there still a Guitar Center there a block or so away from Apple Pan? Used to be.