Long time lurker - first time poster

dmrsmith

Reaction score
Hey all, been a member throughout the various iterations of the forum over many years (even over at the defunct cymbalholic). I haven't been all that active, generally just reading and trying to glean information when I can. With all the changes coming/in progress I figured this would as good a time as any to get reconnected as it were.

Basic deets:
- middle age bearded bald Newfie living in Calgary
- severe G.A.S: addicted to Paiste
- enjoying Yamaha Hybrid Maple and Sonor Vintage series kits
- recently in honeymoon phase with Meinl Foundry
- I like snare drums

Since I'll be grounded along with most of rest of the music world, I'm looking forward to geeking out on drums again!

Cheers everyone,
Dan

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Awesome, you came out of the shadows and into the light! Glad your here and look forward to your post!

Ward

tris66

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey Dan.
Hiding in here from the WuFlu might be a good idea. On the other hand as a self diagnosed sufferer of GAS you know the dangers of increased DFO activity. This place is full of enablers...

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome, young man. Unless your idea of middle age is late sixties. In that case, welcome to the domain of all of us old farts who tend to lie (hyperbalize). If that's the case, you are in good company.

GeeDeeEmm

dmrsmith

Reaction score
Well thanks for the welcome folks, and I’m well aware of the temptation this place provides for the GAS afflicted.

And being an Irish Newfie, we’re kinda bred to shoot the BS...especially with a few pints :)
I mean what else is there to do all winter but get together, play music and enjoy life.
Well that is until verrrrry recently

dmrsmith

Reaction score
I’ve kinda mixed and matched from the Traditional and Masters lines with some 602s for good measure. I’ve cycled through a number of different models from each line over the past number of years.
These days I’ve ended up with a couple of configurations that cover the country/rock/etc and quieter environments:
602 modern essentials 14” hats and 22” ride
Masters 18” dark crash
Trad 18” thin
Masters 22” swish
602 medium flat

For quiet stuff
22” trad light ride
15” big beat hats
20” light flat
17/18 trad thin crashes

Latest posts