Looking For 13in Drum Hoop w/ 5 Lugs

Reaction score
Have been looking for a few days now and I can’t seem to find any drum hoops(rims) that are 13 inchs and have 5 lugs(holes). If anyone can help me find something that is decent and not cheep or my ideas that’d be great. Thanks!

Old Dog

Reaction score
Have you checked DrumFactoryDirect.com? 13/5s sound familiar. I've been on that site a lot this past weekend.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s. DFD was actually the only site I was able to find them but it’s their brand(DFD Hoops). Haven’t heard any reviews on if they are good or not, just don’t want to get something cheep. Doing a full restoration on some old shells I found. Wanted to keep this set as my permanent.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s. DFD was actually the only site I was able to find them but it’s their brand(DFD Hoops).
This should make no difference whatsoever. There are just a few hoop manufacturer's worldwide, and everybody - no matter the brand - gets their hoops there, or has them made there. All the companies have lenient return policies, so buy them and if you don't like them, return them.

Are you working on Gretsch drums? Most of the older ones came with cast hoops, and I see the original Gretsch cast hoops for sale on ebay regularly. If you don't want "cheep," buy the original Gretschs. That'll make you spend some money. (I just bought a couple. They are NOT cheap.!_

GeeDeeEmm

Reaction score
Ooo that’s really good to know. Awesome thank you for your input I am definitely going to look at DFD again and some vintage gretschs parts. Honestly I don’t know what brand the shells are it’s been a long journey because of that also lol finally down to just a few more parts. Thanks again for the updates though!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've bought DFD hoops before (8 lug single flange) - no issues - they weren't cheapo rims. They are stiff, great chrome and DFD is a good outfit - I buy a lot of stuff from them (usually just about $100 so I get free s/h!).....

I've never heard of vintage Gretsch 5 hole hoops (or any brand) in 13" diamater....

Reaction score
Thank you for your input on DFD it’s nice hearing directly from a consumer and I know it’s been impossible for me to find but after 3 measurements from two rulers it’s definitely a 5 lug 13in shell.,. Unfortunately ha

egw

Reaction score
A 13" 5-lug drum wouldn't be Gretsch, at least I've never seen one. The 12" drums are 5-lugs though.

And yes, DFD is great. The 1.6mm hoops they sell might be considered "cheap" by some, but not necessarily in terms of being poor quality. It's just what they are.