Looking For: 85-86 Tama Superstar in Candy Apple Red

meanmeanpride

Reaction score
Hello all,

Time for a real "shot in the dark" here...I am on the lookout for the elusive 80s Tama Candy Apple Red Supes. Specifically, I am after standard or "jazz" sizes for the mounted toms. I would especially interested in the 8 and 10 inch concert toms from this line, since this would complete my concert tom set. I am not interested in the Xtra sizes, as I already own them.

This is certainly a "wishful" post, as I know how hard these drums are to come by. But in case anyone out there is considering selling or knows of any leads whatsoever, I would GREATLY appreciate a PM. I am in the market CURRENTLY and am prepared to buy.

Have a great day!

meanmeanpride

Reaction score
BUMP with a few updates:

I am NO LONGER in need of a 12x8 or 13x9 tom, as I have had my Xtras cut down to these sizes.

Still need the following for the core setup:
  • 15x12 mounted tom
  • 18x16 floor tom
  • 24x16 bass drum
  • 8 and 10 inch concert tom (really any Superstar finish will work, since all of these drums will be refinished in a new Candy Apple Red lacquer later.
Shoot me a PM if you are willing to sell or have any leads whatsoever! Thank you!!!!

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I feel for you, I bought this 4 piece 22", 10", 13", and 16" on this forum and then spent a year on ebay etc.. to get a 14" and 12" toms in this finish. I am still looking for 18" and 20" floor toms. Probably even harder to find the shallower toms. If you have the ones I am after and do not want them hit me up for some cash.

Attachments

AheadTAMADrummer

Reaction score
Stebal Drums in Willowick, OH has a nice set there for sale. Saw them last week. Looks to be in pretty good shape. They will ship em.

Tell em Imre (em-ree) sent you.

440-944-9331

meanmeanpride

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the responses. I checked with Stebal Drums this morning, and it turns out their kit is a Cherry Wine set, not CAR. Same with the kit from the Craigslist link. Jammin Jersey has two full kits, as well as some orphan drums, but none of them are in the sizes I now need, as I recently procured the 24 inch BD and may have a lead on the 18 FT.

I now need:

15x12 mounted tom
8" concert tom
10" concert tom

Then my core setup will be complete! If you have any leads let me know!!

Latest posts