Looking for a 22" Bosphorus ride and 15" Hats... What ya got? FOUND!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
THANKS FOLKS, BOUGHT BOTH HERE ON DFO SO IM GOOD!

Hey folks, I recently picked up a set of Bosphorus Black Pearl cymbals and I need to finish it out! I'm looking for a 22" ride (my preference) in one of the darker series, like Vintage, Masters, Black Pearl, etc.

Also I'm not a huge 14" hat guy and this set is pretty light to boot (870 over 1070) so I think I will be selling this set for a size upgrade as well. So if you have any larger hats you are looking to sell, let me know..

Thanks for the look and know that I will probably ask for a sound file if you have something that grabs my attention.

Ward

Last edited:

Edward

Reaction score
Hi Ward,
My turn! Absolutely not what you mention but same sound. I have a set of paperthins masterworks natural (unlathed) 15” hi hats. Also a 22” Crescent pre Sabian Vintage ride. Looks the same as the Bosphorus Master Vintage. You can find that one on eBay.
Ed

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Ward,
My turn! Absolutely not what you mention but same sound. I have a set of paperthins masterworks natural (unlathed) 15” hi hats. Also a 22” Crescent pre Sabian Vintage ride. Looks the same as the Bosphorus Master Vintage. You can find that one on eBay.
Ed

Hey man, hit me up with info and links if you have it posted, I'll take a look at them. Thanks for the look.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
22" Bosporus masters ride - very light at 1772g. I also have a 20" Bosphorus master ride at 1579g. Both are dark and washy with a rivet hole each. For hats, a "new" set of 15" Bosphorus master vintage at 931g/1150g.....let me know if you want more info, Ward.

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The one I have for sale is a 19, so that won't work for you even though the sound is almost indistinguishable from my 22. But definitely take a look at the Syncopation series, both lathed and unlathed (SW) models.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
22" Bosporus masters ride - very light at 1772g. I also have a 20" Bosphorus master ride at 1579g. Both are dark and washy with a rivet hole each. For hats, a "new" set of 15" Bosphorus master vintage at 931g/1150g.....let me know if you want more info, Ward.

OK, you have my attention! I am interested in both the 22" (thought maybe a touch light for this particular application) and the hats sound like a good weight as well. Shoot me a delivered price (to 37379) and do you have any audio or sound files? Even bad cell phone videos work.

drumreverie

Reaction score
Any interest in 15" Kerope hats? They have a very Bosphorus-like darkness to my ears. Weights are 972/1160.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Any interest in 15" Kerope hats? They have a very Bosphorus-like darkness to my ears. Weights are 972/1160.
That was actually my intention, to work on a Zildjian rig next as I dont even own a single cymbal from them any longer. I have really enjoyed the newer lines like the Kerope and K Cons, but this Bosphorus set fell in my lap so I am going to flesh it out first. But thanks for the read and note,

drumreverie

Reaction score
Are you still looking for a 22" ride? I have a beautiful Bosphorus Master Vintage 22 at 2000 grams. Nice clear stick over very manageable dark wash. It has a quick dark crash as well.

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
hey buddy...I have a stunning set of 15" dark turk hats that I'd decided to keep, but I also have a set of BPs in a similar weight vibe, so these could be back on the chopping block:

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Are you still looking for a 22" ride? I have a beautiful Bosphorus Master Vintage 22 at 2000 grams. Nice clear stick over very manageable dark wash. It has a quick dark crash as well.
Absolutely interested... shoot me some pics and a video or sound file. Thanks for thinking of me.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
hey buddy...I have a stunning set of 15" dark turk hats that I'd decided to keep, but I also have a set of BPs in a similar weight vibe, so these could be back on the chopping block:
So you have my interest, but the first link would not open and the two sound clips were hard to pick out just the hats (cool music and playing though). Got anything else I can here the hats a little better?

Thanks for thinking of me.

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
So you have my interest, but the first link would not open and the two sound clips were hard to pick out just the hats (cool music and playing though). Got anything else I can here the hats a little better?

Thanks for thinking of me.
strange about the first link...it's HERE, on THIS forum, the media section...let's try it again:

as for sound files NOT in the wild, it's gonna take a minute.
I'm not around and they're at my studio, so when I get back in town after this tour I'll go in and do a down n dirty vid.
I'd still say listen to the second track @ around 6:15 with headphones...they're fairly wide open there aside from the side stick and some ambience :)

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nope, this is all I get when I click on the link....

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

But think you for thinking of me to be sure.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for tall the PM's and video / audio clips folks, it's much appreciated. I have bought both the ride and hats for my new Bosphorus rig from right here on the boards. So I am good, I just need to sell the 14" hats, they are listed in the for sale section. Thanks again,
Ward