Looking for a ddrum Carmine Appice shade (cone) cymbal

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Saw him with a Sabian prototype when he was at the Chicago show a bunch of years ago and regret not buying it. I don't think they released it, but ddrum made the same thing (cheap but cool), but I can't find one. If you have or see one for sale, please let me know.

Attachments

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score
Carmine Ohio drum shop drum clinic 10_19_2010 signing my cymbal SHADE.jpg
At a drum clinic in Ohio on 10/19/2010 at Absolute Music in Fairborn, OH
Carmine getting ready to sign my new ddrum Carmine Appice signature 15_inch "SHADE" cymbal. He endorses the same one and can no longer find the inventor of its' design.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I have a Sabian version. I will check and get back to you in a few days.

slapstick

Reaction score
got the sabian for sure----also as a pair of the assault hi hats . the conical is 12" over a 14" aerated china .
i'm touring til mid november. if you havent found it by then, drop me a line.,.,..,.,or if anyone else wants these, let me know.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
Carmine sells the cymbal on his website. I don't know if it's Sabian or not, but it's the one he uses now. I know it's a lamp shade cymbal and it's available on his website for $70 US dollars. Look under specialty item.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Gotdrums said:
Carmine sells the cymbal on his website. I don't know if it's Sabian or not, but it's the one he uses now. I know it's a lamp shade cymbal and it's available on his website for $70 US dollars. Look under specialty item.
Just went to order it and it was out of stock. Maybe when Slapstick returns from tour I'll be able to get his. No real rush!

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
Rich K. said:
Just went to order it and it was out of stock. Maybe when Slapstick returns from tour I'll be able to get his. No real rush!
If you want, you could drop Carmine a note on his website and ask if any will be available. He will answer you back within a timely manner. He is always busy with stuff, but has lots of time in between things. He will give you the scoop on the cymbal.