Looking For Good Deals On Heads!

ryevick

Reaction score
What's going on everybody? I am looking for any tips on head dealers that can cut me a discount for a bulk order of heads I'm looking to do the whole kit... 8, 10, 12, 14 toms 14, 16 &18 floor toms 13 & 14 snares and a 22 bass drum (and no I don't have the entire kit set-up for playing). Batter & Resonant heads for all as well as a couple of small side items. I have specific heads in mind for everything listed below, all Evans. Who has the deals? Thanks!!!

Snare Batter Heads:
Genera HD Dry

Snare Resonant Heads (I believe these #s are right):
S14R50
S13H30

Bass Drum:
EMAD2
REMAD
EQ Pad Dampener
EQ Double Pedal Patch

Toms/FT:
EQ Resonant
EC2 Clear Batter

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I buy Aquarian and have found the best deals at Sam Ash, Musicians friend, Vic's drum shop & Chicago Music Exchange. I mix and match those 4. Sometimes one has stock that the other's don't have. I don't know how they would be with Evans. I yet to buy anything at Sweetwater even though I hear great things about them! Everytime I've checked them out for what I have specifically needed, they've been a tad more expensive. Out of the big seller's I find Musician's friend to be the cheapest and always free shipping! Last week I ordered a kick pad that was like $5 and the shipping was free + no tax in my state. They also have a great rewards program. I was able to get a $200 Supralite snare for free!
Whatever you do, don't buy them from Amazon. I made that mistake and have received second rate, used & damaged heads multiple times.

Targalx

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on where you live, but I've actually purchased all kinds of brand new drum heads from Craigslist. Drummers buy new heads and then later realize they don't need them anymore (and maybe can't return them for some reason).

I've also bought new heads that were take-offs (the heads came with the kit, but they swapped them immediately), also from CL. I know some folks are averse to using CL, but it works for me.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on where you live, but I've actually purchased all kinds of brand new drum heads from Craigslist. Drummers buy new heads and then later realize they don't need them anymore (and maybe can't return them for some reason).

I've also bought new heads that were take-offs (the heads came with the kit, but they swapped them immediately), also from CL. I know some folks are averse to using CL, but it works for me.
CL seems like a good option if like you said, you live in a good place for it. Here in Florida I never have seen heads for sale and everything drum related is ridiculously overpriced. But then I see people post in other parts of the country these super finds that they've run into. Wish it was like that here!

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Howso? Gimme an example.

That offset pedal thread?
Maybe I am the only one it is happening to?? My bookmark for a DFO is the “General” page. Now if I want to click the “Main” button to go to other parts of the forum there is a Sweetwater spam banner directly above it so every time you try to hit “Main” it goes to a Sweetwater Sweepstake.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sweetwater was the place that told me Remo doesn't make 15 inch Ambassadors. They don't get much of my business any more.
That's all it takes to lose your business?

Anyway, OP, call Sweetwater and tell them what you want. Most of the salesmen will cut you a deal.

GeeDeeEmm

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Maybe I am the only one it is happening to?? My bookmark for a DFO is the “General” page. Now if I want to click the “Main” button to go to other parts of the forum there is a Sweetwater spam banner directly above it so every time you try to hit “Main” it goes to a Sweetwater Sweepstake.
This is what I see at the top of this very thread. Preserved for posterity so people have evidence that we don' just make stuff up. :glasses8:

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 4.19.11 PM.png

I buy heads from local shops but since I live at the end of the world's supply line (New Zealand) they are expensive and you get whatever is there on the day. I think I've got a different brand of head on each of the drums in my 4 piece kit. And yes that's different top and bottom as well. They all work.

florian1

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
DFD is my go-to store for just about everything drum related. I have 3 full kits of 8/10/12/14/16/22 and there is no such thing as a "deal" for buying all at once. I have 36 drumheads on at any one time, plus all my snares...Ive paid retail for all of them. Unless youre an endorser, you wont get a deal for just buying in bulk....shops have to keep the lights on too.

F

Latest posts