Looking for help on a GAUGER 1/2 Plate Mounting Question...

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey gang, does anyone know if the GAUGER R.I.M.S. ALLOY Half-Plate mount fits the same hole pattern as a world max band? I am trying to decide what I am going to to about the tom mounts on a new project kit I will finish up soon and I HATE the huge plate that covers up an entire tom panel with the WM copy. I like the 1/2 Plates from Gauger and was wondering if they would fit on the rim bands I already own?

Thanks for any help.
Ward

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don't know the answer, but I do know you'd have to fib and say you're buying the plates for Gauger bands, because they don't want to sell them to attach to other brands' bands. At least that's what the deal was when I bought some half plates a few years ago.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This set came with the World Max rims already so I can get those measurements myself, but I dont have the Gauger measurements to compare them to. Can any of you measure those for me?

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
They have the same hole spacing, but bongomania is right - they don't usually sell the half plate separately.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
The center hole out of the three holding the plate to the band will double as your mounting hole for your tom holder. They will only work with "L" arm type tom holders that use two vertically mounting screws, a la DW, Ludwig, Tama, etc...

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The center hole out of the three holding the plate to the band will double as your mounting hole for your tom holder. They will only work with "L" arm type tom holders that use two vertically mounting screws, a la DW, Ludwig, Tama, etc...

Yep, I have that part and no problem as it is indeed an L mount, but the question is will the two outside holes line up with the existing outside holes in the current WM bands?

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
They have the same hole spacing, but bongomania is right - they don't usually sell the half plate separately. Posted earlier.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Could you guys please post pics of the plates you are talking about? I'm a little confused.

GeeDeeEmm

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
OK... based on your note ARGuy, I just bought the two off of Reverb... if they dont fit I will just sell them, but I was holding off until some could give me a bit of reassurance. Assuming everything works to plan, I will still need one more. I will let you all know how this idea turns out.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks so much but it's all good. I ordered two that were for sale on Reverb last night so I will know in a few days either way. I will either be looking for one more, or selling the two I just bought! I could buy the whole rig from Gauger but just trying to make the money stretch a bit and use the WM copy's I already own if I can make it all work.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey gang, does anyone know if the GAUGER R.I.M.S. ALLOY Half-Plate mount fits the same hole pattern as a world max band? I am trying to decide what I am going to to about the tom mounts on a new project kit I will finish up soon and I HATE the huge plate that covers up an entire tom panel with the WM copy. I like the 1/2 Plates from Gauger and was wondering if they would fit on the rim bands I already own?

Thanks for any help.
Ward
Hey. So, like you, I hate the full plate. I had half plates drilled for Yamaha brackets. The top two holes go into the band, the bottom two into the half plate. Only real drawback is you lose maybe 2.5.3 inches in height, or I'm saying you hav to raise you post 3 inches to accomodate the bracket being closer to the top and not the middle. I can take a pic if you need it..

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys... they worked just fine. Here is the before and afters pics (Drums are not ready so I can't show on actual shell). I still dont know what my final decision will be but this is my working idea at the moment. I dont mind the tri-color look (aluminum, black and chrome) as opposed to all chrome because I think it will look good with the finish though I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Now the real problem is I need three of them and I only have one... sigh.

Old full plate World Max version with a Premier mount...

20190416_222624.jpg

New combo plate...

20190416_223514.jpg

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Not meaning to derail the thread but didn’t Gauger close their doors?

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not meaning to derail the thread but didn’t Gauger close their doors?
They had been planning on discontinuing the Alloy mounts a couple of years ago because of the price of aluminum - it had gotten to the point that they would have to raise their prices and they didn't think drummers would be willing to pay more for them. They got enough positive response that they continue to make them. I guess that because that's the product they're best known for that unfounded rumors started that they were closing.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Their products really are top notch. Great to hear. Thanks!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ward, I'd think you have the tools (and I know you have the skills!) to lay the 1/2 plate over the full plate and cut one out from the larger piece.....and make it look just like a factory piece.