looking for low-pitched but not too trashy 20" jazz ride

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 20 Bosphorus Masters, a 20 HHX ride rehammered by H. Stine, and a Istanbul Mehmet 70's ride. I also have a C&G 20"....
As I was reading through the orgional question I was thinking of my 20" 70's Istanbul Mehmet. I was shocked to read down to your post and see someone else had one as well!! Thought that was cool....not nearly as many of us Mehmet players as Agop.

VinSparkle

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 Kerope, 20 Medium Thin High, 20 Medium Thin Low…

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As I was reading through the orgional question I was thinking of my 20" 70's Istanbul Mehmet. I was shocked to read down to your post and see someone else had one as well!! Thought that was cool....not nearly as many of us Mehmet players as Agop.
I'm a fan of the Mehmets. I have Legend Dark and Origin Dark cymbals in my stable. Trying to find deals on some Nostalgias or even a set of Tony Williams tributes, but in this market deals are hard to come by. Maybe in a few years the whole supply and demand thing will get back to its regularly scheduled program.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Mehmets. I have Legend Dark and Origin Dark cymbals in my stable. Trying to find deals on some Nostalgias or even a set of Tony Williams tributes, but in this market deals are hard to come by. Maybe in a few years the whole supply and demand thing will get back to its regularly scheduled program.
I am a fan of them as well. I had a beautiful set of Mehmets back around 2006-2007 (or so) and stupidly sold them. Not really kicking my self these days, but it was one of my less intelligent moves when it comes to gear.