Looking for Replacement D-471 Strainer

Fingers

Reaction score
Sonor D471 snare drum, that is. The strainer - or rather, the plastic collar housing around the throw mechanism is cracked. Can anyone suggest where I could find replacement parts or a full replacement? Can these strainers be replaced with aftermarket strainers? I have the full set of teardrops this snare accompanies and would love to reunite it!

Attachments

Fingers

Reaction score
Well, crap.
I'm gonna try this; Can anyone point me somewhere else I might post to find and answer? Not trying to be snide- I'm genuinely interested in finding this piece but if I can't find one I'll have one fabricated. Until I go that route, I'm trying to find a functional alternative.

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
You might have more luck posting this in the regular Vintage section rather than the Resto one. That's a funky looking strainer btw!

(Also, hey buddy!)

Fingers

Reaction score
hefty said:
You might have more luck posting this in the regular Vintage section rather than the Resto one. That's a funky looking strainer btw!

(Also, hey buddy!)
Thanks- will do. I think I've found someone that could fabricate the piece I need. It is a weird strainer but the concept is right. Without the "collar" for lack of a better word, I can't get enough tension. Wide open, it's a great sounding drum, though- just like the set it's part of (which you know).
Onward.