header.nohb.html

Looking for ultra dry bright ride ..

Pibroch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Missed seeing the following one for sale - just the sort of sound I want: bright and very dry yet has a lovely pronounced glow in the decay. Any suggestions please for other models to check?

Seb77

DFO Master
Reaction score
The second video has a hammered version, didn't know this was ever a production model:

WaggoRecords

Reaction score
K Custom Dry Ride is one of the more affordable K's out there. They seem to pop up with sub-$200 prices pretty regularly.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
OP is in Australia (correct?) and If we (in the US) heard it once we heard it a thousand times.
It appears the market/ what is available/ is somewhat Dictateted by Location So... Must search in Australia;

And I'm sure there is something on that Island : )
I remember reading (from Australians) US sellers willing to ship are thin to none (for whatever reasons.
Still the cymbal will appear /and be available. for you OP

Pibroch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
OP is in Australia (correct?) and If we (in the US) heard it once we heard it a thousand times.
It appears the market/ what is available/ is somewhat Dictateted by Location So... Must search in Australia;

And I'm sure there is something on that Island : )
I remember reading (from Australians) US sellers willing to ship are thin to none (for whatever reasons.
Still the cymbal will appear /and be available. for you OP
Have bought 90% of my rides from the US! Mostly have used cymbalsonly (Tony) and Hazelshould (Gerry) both of whom ship worldwide. Have used a forwarding service in Oregon for a couple of other smaller shops.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Have bought 90% of my rides from the US! Mostly have used mycymbal (Tony) and Hazelshould (Gerry) both of whom ship worldwide. Have used a forwarding service in Oregon for a couple of other smaller shops.
There used to be talk "no one would ship" Glad it's changed!!

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
So, it must be private/ sellers of used on ebay; where you near can always find a 20" K Custom Dry. They are lowest price (used) on the K totem pole and have been for ages. Can get some real ugly sounding ones; altho I know of 1 (in real life) that sounded unbelievable. I had one that was ugly as a mud fence -sounding.
So it's the private sellers that maybe are reticent to send overseas.

Pibroch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So, it must be private/ sellers of used on ebay; where you near can always find a 20" K Custom Dry. They are lowest price (used) on the K totem pole and have been for ages. Can get some real ugly sounding ones; altho I know of 1 (in real life) that sounded unbelievable. I had one that was ugly as a mud fence -sounding.
So it's the private sellers that maybe are reticent to send overseas.
As long as they don't mind shipping to Portland Oregon ☺️

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Missed seeing the following one for sale - just the sort of sound I want: bright and very dry yet has a lovely pronounced glow in the decay. Any suggestions please for other models to check?

? there another from hazel.

Pibroch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

? there another from hazel.

Thanks. That one from Hazel is good, but I love the one I missed out on so much more - the attack is so short and percussive in its video demo.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
short and percussive is a GIVEN with every one of them..

that's a difference only a Mother would know.. ; )

Pibroch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
short and percussive is a GIVEN with every one of them..

that's a difference only a Mother would know.. ; )
Haha! Just call me mother then - I've been told I have very acute hearing. Maybe a recording factor but I hear a difference between the two demos and for me the attack of the one in the OP, (the first one above), sounds much more exciting and spectacular.

Pibroch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
mother hen? ok ; )

"you'll have to add your own"..

3) he could have been using a different stick
6) Life's a Gamble take it.
Agreed on the above. And the price went up $20 in the past 24 hours too.... I may not be able to do better, I know....