Looking for value help with Ludwig Vintage Set- Tampa Fl

Grayless17

Reaction score
Hello All. I am looking for help trying to determine a value for a drum set my dad left me when he passed away. Eventually I am looking to sell the set eventually, but I’m really wanting to determine a value first. Here are some pictures and the rest will be in the reply thread. Thanks for all your help!

Attachments

mwhuskey

Reaction score
To get a quick estimate, I would just say $300 per drum, $100 per cymbal, and $50 for each stand. Also note there are no 1/2” sizes for the drums or cymbals.

Grayless17

Reaction score
To get a quick estimate, I would just say $300 per drum, $100 per cymbal, and $50 for each stand. Also note there are no 1/2” sizes for the drums or cymbals.
Thanks! I know that now from another thread. Not really looking to get a “quick” estimate because I want to know what I have.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Sometimes you can look thru the Air Hole around the badge

And see..

a Date ink stamp inside.
altho these guys here can pinpoint everything from your Pics ; )

Myk

Reaction score
Looks nice, probably 1965 super classic kit,with 1964 supraphonic snare,could be a chrome over brass snare?.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just so you know, this forum gets a fair amount of "what do I have and how much is it worth?" posts from New Members! who seem to only be interested in getting a free appraisal for a drum set they know very little about. I think I speak for more than myself when I say that sometimes we feel used. The knowledge that some of the members here have has taken years and they've spent a lot of money acquiring that knowledge. So if someone asks questions and posts photos of a very desirable drum set - which yours is - with the intent of taking the information they got here for free and putting it on eBay or Reverb for top dollar, well, that doesn't sit very well. When a member tries to be helpful by giving you a quick and IMHO pretty accurate assessment of the value of what we see in your photos and gets dismissed with "I want to know what I have", that doesn't sit very well either. If you want a detailed appraisal, there are people that do that, but they're going to need a lot of cooperation from you and it ain't going to be free. Good luck.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I thought -if someone was in the area- it could be advantageous to schedule a meeting to see evaluate- and possibly- purchase the items.

Grayless17

Reaction score
Just so you know, this forum gets a fair amount of "what do I have and how much is it worth?" posts from New Members! who seem to only be interested in getting a free appraisal for a drum set they know very little about. I think I speak for more than myself when I say that sometimes we feel used. The knowledge that some of the members here have has taken years and they've spent a lot of money acquiring that knowledge. So if someone asks questions and posts photos of a very desirable drum set - which yours is - with the intent of taking the information they got here for free and putting it on eBay or Reverb for top dollar, well, that doesn't sit very well. When a member tries to be helpful by giving you a quick and IMHO pretty accurate assessment of the value of what we see in your photos and gets dismissed with "I want to know what I have", that doesn't sit very well either. If you want a detailed appraisal, there are people that do that, but they're going to need a lot of cooperation from you and it ain't going to be free. Good luck.
I have no intention of going to eBay or somewhere else. I joined this forum to do just that sell it on this forum. I started on the cymbal thread and got some amazing advice from a nice gentleman and decided to check here since I was inquiring about the entire drum set but apparently you all don’t show the same grace here. But thank you for your input. Clearly you have/had no intention of helping.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have no intention of going to eBay or somewhere else. I joined this forum to do just that sell it on this forum. I started on the cymbal thread and got some amazing advice from a nice gentleman and decided to check here since I was inquiring about the entire drum set but apparently you all don’t show the same grace here. But thank you for your input. Clearly you have/had no intention of helping.
Wow.

I recommend you go here. They can probably help you out.

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
See, this is just the kind of attitude I was talking about. First you dismiss mwhuskey and now me. I am encouraged that you're open to selling on this forum; there's probably a forum member or two in your area that will give you a good price and you won't have to ship everything. I'm not anywhere near you anyway, so I'm not a potential buyer, but whether you want to acknowledge it or not, I have helped you out. You're welcome.

Grayless17

Reaction score
How old was your Dad if you don't mind me asking.. And you say there are other drums?
My dad was 60 when he passed away. And yeah he had two other drum sets. A 5 piece set. It says pearl on the large drum but it is a Ludwig set. And another blue Ludwig set.

Attachments

Grayless17

Reaction score
I thought -if someone was in the area- it could be advantageous to schedule a meeting to see evaluate- and possibly- purchase the items.
I’ll have to ask around and see what I come up with. My dad had a lot of contacts but I have yet to find his address book. Which would help me tremendously.

Latest posts