Looking to buy a 1940s 2-pc American made drum set...

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Flying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superf
Pretty much looking to buy any Slingerland, WFL or any other American made 1940s 2-pc (bass & snare) drum set... my only requirement is the basd drum must have both cafeskin heads any wrap or duco finish and needs to be complete... OR just a 1940s bass drum will do if you don't have a snare drum that goes with it... can you help?

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Flying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superf
I'm wanting to recreate for a display a typical WW2 U.S. Army drum set used by the 99th Pursuit Squadron at Tuskegee Army Air Field in Alabama.

Then after I find such drums... I must find myself a art deco Artist (brush not air gun) who can paint me a custom bass drum head that I created based off of the period style Army Air Corps squadron patch.

Simple right... well we will see how easy this is... I see Slingerland RK drums are pretty reasonable for such a project...

Reactions: JDA

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Might give Joeyboom a message. He has a passion for this era.

Mike

ludwigfire

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I can't help on the drum end, but might be able to on the artist side. Call Tommy's drum shop in Austin, they have a couple of heads there painted by a local artist that are reminiscent of the period you are going for. She might be able to do the design you want. Also, try contacting Cooperman, the rope drum maker, they have an artist they use who can certainly do military style artwork from different time periods.

Good luck with your project and post pics/updates when you can!

Clay

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
Current exchange rate works in your favour, Osa .

Latest posts