Looking to buy a set of Tony Williams tribute cymbals...

R

RickP

Doug Sole at Soul Drums has a set in stock. The low Canadian Dollar should be attractive as well.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Half price for used.. So a..1964 18" RB bebop set should be - hey it's used :)
better off following the old K path secure in knowing they came from the same stacks Tony's and countless other recording drummers , came from.
my 2¢

bonus track(s):

Last edited by a moderator:

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Flying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superf
Yes JDA, you might be absolutely right... but them TW TRIBUTE cymbals look & sound soooo good.

Please don't get me wrong... I really like my 20" & 14" hats but I'm afraid to clean them plus I can't find myself a decent matching 18" and another 20+" w/ribbits to go with them.

So, I figured a used set of TW TRIBUTE cymbals might do the trick...

Oh thanks for the YT clip... that's one of my favorites.

R

RickP

I think you might be looking for awhile for a used set to be honest. The small amount of sets produced and the quality and price of these cymbal sets will probably keep people holding onto them longer.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Osahead2 said:
I am excited that mine are on the way to the shop!
Wow you have a set of TW TRIBUTE cymbals? What's your take on them? Do they live up to your expectations?
Osahead, I have a drum shop and I carry Istanbul Mehmets. I was able to get one of these TW sets and it is on its way to my store. I know they are amazing cymbals and I will tell you more once they make it to the shop and I get a chance to do a quick testing :) . Only 250 were made and I am getting number 19 !

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
You want to find a used set? Right after they came out and most shops don't have them?

Good luck.

Perhaps around tax time.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
With limited production and a decent amount of demand these might turn out to be one of those rare and hard to find items where used ones, when they finally do surface, will actually sell for more than they did new.

Osahead2

DFO Master
Reaction score
Flying to airshows across America in a B-29 Superf
Yes, I said used... because when it comes to cymbals people are strange... no matter how good they sound someone will not be satisfied with them after playing on them and it those TW cymbals I'm looking to buy "used" with stick marks on them. Typically when something is used that normally means less value?

So if my theory is correct I'm looking to buy a used set for myself... hopefully cheaper.

Latest posts