Loving this Jeff Ballard album “Puerta” (2021)

toddbishop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks! That's an American K jazz ride from the 80s-- first real ride cymbal I ever got. It was actually really washy-- I don't know if I put some tape on it. Sold that a long time ago.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Had a rough week. Put headphones on while doing dishes and decided to search for some Ballard. This release snuck by me. Just the organic sounding album I needed this morning.

Thanks for this! I consider myself a Ballard fan, but had no idea he was collaborating with Mehldau's previous drummer ....... and that Jorge was such a talented multi-instrumentalist. Great sound, terrific open space, super tasty eclectic JB playing.

Check out the vids suggested by kingstonmike on the recording of this session. Lots of good ideas here on small group jazz recording ..... especially if you have a couple of M-49s lying about ......... !

Mike

melatony

Reaction score
Thanks for this! I consider myself a Ballard fan, but had no idea he was collaborating with Mehldau's previous drummer ....... and that Jorge was such a talented multi-instrumentalist. Great sound, terrific open space, super tasty eclectic JB playing.

Check out the vids suggested by kingstonmike on the recording of this session. Lots of good ideas here on small group jazz recording ..... especially if you have a couple of M-49s lying about ......... !

Mike
Yes thanks for sharing.
Similarly I really enjoy JB playing but didn't know he was playing Rossy, which I also did not know either he was playing vibraphone .
Love the space and love that drum sound.