LP Banda Snare?

Ptrick

Reaction score
Anyone had a chance to check these out in person? Stainless steel, 14x8.5, 12 aluminum lugs, 42 strand wires, and inexpensive.

The two clips I’ve found sound great. In the second clip, they put on a coated head at the end of the video. For the price, might be worth experimenting with.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I love the timbale sound they get from it...I'm just not a deep snare guy

Marquisjohnson22

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I would love to add one of these snares to the arsenal... if I could find a good deal on one. I always find great deals on drums that I love so I would be hard pressed to spend $479 on this when I could buy 3 or maybe 4 great drums for that price on my gear hunts. I just bought a 5.5x24 Premier Genista Snare and a Vintage Pearl 5.5x14 D4514 (heavy steel) snare for about $203 with taxes and shipping included.

Reactions: JDA

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have LP mini timbales on my kit and love them. They have built in snares with a rotating throw. Pretty unique!
That full snare must be nice.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would dare say that if the Banda snare sounds as good in person as it does on those two videos, it could be the snare drum that I've been looking for since I first started playing in the 1960s. No matter what the tuning, that snare exhibits a depth and body that I've never heard from any other snare. How can it be tuned so snappy and high, and yet still have the kind of chest and umph one would normally expect from a low-tuned wooden drum? In those two videos, it just sounds marvelous and powerful.

I thought my drum purchasing days were long gone, but this snare will have to be investigated!

Darn you, Ptrick!!! See what you've done?

GeeDeeEmm

Ptrick

Reaction score
I honestly couldn’t believe the sounds coming out of that thing!!

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
"Relative to what? Plutonium? ; )

(seriously; )there was a cheaper-not Lp- but same 'concept' saw awhile ago. wasn't 8 deep but (actually was inexpensive; maybe I'll find it

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As much as I like my LP mini timbales & LP products in general, I don't think I would pay that much for an LP snare. I'd rather go with a Supraphonic or something like that. It does sound really nice but doesn't seem that versatile to me.

Last edited:

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Pretty drum and it sounds great! but $450 is a bit rich for my blood.
Thanks for the heads up, anyway. =)

Elvis

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'll pass by Banda music on the radio dial every now and then, and the snare used didn't strike out to me to be much more than a basic steel snare you could get for 30 bucks used, and cranked to the point of actually losing volume.

Joe A

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Also, while this drum is a bit up there, I'm liking the lug design! This drum can hold as much tension as the shell can bear! Sort of a tubeless tube lug. I'd like to see them used more.

andlours

Reaction score
Interesting that it has the old style DW throw with LP added to the face.