Ludwig 12" & 13" Black Panther Toms

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the current market value would be for two Ludwig Black Panther toms in VG condition w/script logo T-bar and holders? The pointy B/O badges date the drums to 1969. Looks like 3-ply clear maple in there. 12" & 13" rack toms and vintage tom holder only.

I'm also going to see if there are any surprises under the Panther...

As always... Thanks in advance for your help/input.

John

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
Thank you... that's about where I'm sitting with it. I've never held black panther in my hands, I'm curious to see what this stuff looks like up close.

Thank you again, Mark! I'm off to win an auction!

John

vintagemore2000

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thank you... that's about where I'm sitting with it. I've never held black panther in my hands, I'm curious to see what this stuff looks like up close.

Thank you again, Mark! I'm off to win an auction!

John
Good luck john, it's actually a textured plastic covering not leatherette type like it appears to be!!

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
Vinyl? Is it the same stuff they used on car tops? That's what it looks like to me! I'm going to clean them up and flip em. 'Somebody' out there is looking for these two toms to start or to complete a panther set. Hope so anyway... shoot, I may hold em and wait for a bass drum and floor to come along. I'll have to think about it.

John

vintagemore2000

DFO Master
Reaction score
Vinyl? Is it the same stuff they used on car tops? That's what it looks like to me! I'm going to clean them up and flip em. 'Somebody' out there is looking for these two toms to start or to complete a panther set. Hope so anyway... shoot, I may hold em and wait for a bass drum and floor to come along. I'll have to think about it.

John
yeah that's a good description of it, Cool I'm glad you got them. post pics when you get them ok? :occasion5: