Ludwig 13x3 Black Beauty.

Phantomlimb777

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Alright, I’m totally prepared to have to wait 5 years+, but if I can find a lead here….

I’m looking for a 13x3 Black Nickel over Bronze BB.
Large Monroe badge.

It can be a little beat up, I’m gonna play it.

I have the 6.5 and the 5 is on the way.

If anyone even knows where one is, let me know so that if they sell, I’m on their radar.

andlours

Reaction score
Did they make both bronze and brass 3”x13” black beauties or was it only bronze? Just curious to see how much of a needle in a haystack this really is.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one that I believe is brass. I was hoping it was bronze. Unfortunately it was dropped from a building, run over by a bus, and trampled by a heard of elephants before I got it......like literally. I did a thread on it a few years back. She'll split in many areas and it is barely held together but sounds amazing somehow! I put die casts on it.....
Good luck....

Phantomlimb777

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have one that I believe is brass. I was hoping it was bronze. Unfortunately it was dropped from a building, run over by a bus, and trampled by a heard of elephants before I got it......like literally. I did a thread on it a few years back. She'll split in many areas and it is barely held together but sounds amazing somehow! I put die casts on it.....
Good luck....

Link to thread? I love salvages

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you catch what it went for?
Actually it was on ebay. $550 and didn't sell, just looked and was relisted and sold for $450. No mention or pictures to see if it was Brass or Bronze

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Phantomlimb777

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah that’s bronze, how’s it holding up?
Like a champ. I purposely put an Aquarian Modern Vintage head on the top because the shell fans out from the top. It was tough to get it on but it's doing a great job keeping everything together with the thicker collar it has. The drum sounds great. I'm not sure why I thought it was brass (I think that was the DFO consensus) I'm very happy to find out it may be bronze........

Phantomlimb777

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Like a champ. I purposely put an Aquarian Modern Vintage head on the top because the shell fans out from the top. It was tough to get it on but it's doing a great job keeping everything together with the thicker collar it has. The drum sounds great. I'm not sure why I thought it was brass (I think that was the DFO consensus) I'm very happy to find out it may be bronze........

That inside bearing edge will let you know.

cinemadrummer2001

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Phantomlimb777

DFO Veteran
Reaction score