Ludwig 1965 Jazz Fest 8 Lug Players Drum COB Top Rim No Extra Holes Worldwide Shipping $350 OBO

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
brand new top head .....decent bottom head....

Attachments

Last edited:

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The guy that signed the inside..Paul,did the “upgrade”....Who knows what lies underneath?..That fugly Oyster Black maybe?

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the date? Can I get a picture of the badge and some better pictures close up of this finish please?

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
May,12..1965..as shown in pic...

they painted over the badge!...It is in pic number 1...but..I will add more..closeups...

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to show..but..there are many,many 1/4” by 1/4” squares in the wrap...then,painted over...Never seen anything like it...Did a great job though! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I do not see any wrap sticking out of the lap joint inside..so..wood outer?..The covering is on quite good..so..didn’t want to try to take it off..just to ruin the finish...if I could not get all of it off....Sold “as is”...

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ludwig psychedelic leopard, anyone? Still trying to find this finish online......very unique........I did find this about the guy whose signature is inside (he died in 2013):

"Paul worked in Art Glass for over 30 years. He was an extremely talented artist passing his knowledge along to many through the years. His artwork can be seen throughout Grand Rapids. Paul was also a drummer in various local bands through the years, most recently the Moon Rays."