Ludwig 1971 3 Ply Clear Interior Blue/Olive Badge Drum Set Sky Blue Pearl

BennettDrums

Reaction score
This one is seriously a stunner - $3499:

Check it out on Reverb but DM us if interested.

IMG_3789.jpg

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score
I understand the wishful asking price for condition however there is too much UV fading to the wrap since these came from the Ludwig factory in 1971. They no longer have the vibrant Sky Blue pearl pizzazz.. I am sure if you were to go hunting for a 1971 Sky Blue kit in MUSEUM grade condition nothing much is out there for cheap. This is a good shop and I know that they will listen to serious offers.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I understand the wishful asking price for condition however there is too much UV fading to the wrap since these came from the Ludwig factory in 1971. They no longer have the vibrant Sky Blue pearl pizzazz.. I am sure if you were to go hunting for a 1971 Sky Blue kit in MUSEUM grade condition nothing much is out there for cheap. This is a good shop and I know that they will listen to serious offers.
With all respect to your position on this, better take a look at the pics on Reverb. Donn didn't do the sale any favors with the pic he's got here. But EVERYTHING in the pic looks bleached out - a rare day of sunshine in the Pacific Northwest; they don't know what to do when that happens.

To say these drums survive the two feet test is a huge understatement. They pass any up-close test you can conjure.

The color is much more vibrant in most of the shots on Reverb. The shell interiors look like they were just made!

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Good photography of products does not survive fluorescent lighting, or even worse, LED lighting, which is probably what we're seeing in Donn's photos.

BennettDrums

Reaction score
Indeed we'll always listen to serious offers. Everyone takes certain photos certain ways, but rest assured they absolutely look stunning. No luster lost.

andlours

Reaction score
I'd love to see a picture with a hoop off or a lug off one of the drums

BennettDrums

Reaction score
I'd love to see a picture with a hoop off or a lug off one of the drums
And actually, if you look through the photos there are a couple of the interior but I'm guessing you're wanting to see the exterior?

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
My former shop had a set of these that was about as close to NOS as I’d dare call anything, and it’s an incredibly tough color to get on film. We’re just so used to faded grey, or greened-out examples.

I kept a set of Precision samples to hold up next to some colors to try and correct the color for those trying to eyeball it.

andlours

Reaction score
And actually, if you look through the photos there are a couple of the interior but I'm guessing you're wanting to see the exterior?
It's just a quick easy way to show if the wrap is faded at all or not. No worries of it's an inconvenience.

Reaction score
flouresant lights are not your friend, those look mint!

edge

Reaction score
I have this same size three ply kit and everyones jaw drops the first time they play it, great drums

Latest posts