header.nohb.html

Ludwig 2022 Universal Series snares

digovii

Reaction score
That badge redesign looks SO much better. Thick tube lugs on all the drums too with upgraded throw-off / wires. Man, I really think this is a great move by Ludwig.

Really diggin' the wood snares. That Cherry and Walnut are calling my name...

Last edited:

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I posted a week or two ago about these showing up on the DCP website. However, they were taken down from their website by the end of the day. They look to be the same as the Black Magic snares, with a minor facelift to the badge.

digovii

Reaction score
I posted a week or two ago about these showing up on the DCP website. However, they were taken down from their website by the end of the day. They look to be the same as the Black Magic snares, with a minor facelift to the badge.
Also have upgraded tube lugs, throw-off, and COB plated wires. Those are some pretty substantial upgrades IMO.

aparker2005

DFO Master
Reaction score
I love these, but I think if I get another snare anytime soon, it'll still be a Tama Spotted Gum

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are kind of Ludwig's answer to the SLP line.

I saw them at my local shop last week and they're very nice. Great price point. Just plan to swap out the UT heads.
I wonder what Shane actually said in that review video about the stock heads....I tried to read his lips, to no avail!

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
IMO, the tube lugs used on the metal drums in this series are so much more well proportioned to the shell depth than those used on Supras and Black Beauties. Interestingly, the wood drums don't use the same tube lugs. The badge placement on the wood drums is also a bit strange to me. They would look better centered on the shell. Obviously, the higher placement is necessary on the metal drums due to the center bead.

Last edited:

frey01270

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me the difference between the New Ludwig Universal Brass Snare Drums,and the Ludwig Black Magic Range,Only i have a 13"x7" Black Magic with Black Tube Lugs,and Diecast Hoops,the only difference i can see is the Name Plate,or is there something that i've missed.

tomo221

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beefier tube lugs, updated strainer/butt, updated wires, and …… a new badge!

And of course there are 4 new wood models too.