Ludwig 70's White Cortex 12/13/13/14/18/24

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So this kit is kind of a conundrum. Guy I got it from said the guy he got it from said it all came together. From the store, maaaaybe? From the factory, not very likely. But from me? HECKIN' YEAH.

http://instagr.am/p/CVyqr49rlFF/
The 12/13/18 stack is Granitone 3-ply
The 13/14 on the bass is clear maple 3-ply
The 24 is 6-ply with detritus from glued-in foam mostly removed

Chrome is really well above average, with a few merely so-so lugs and the bottom 4 T's and claws on bass (they nasty). Bass hoops I got off a COW Ludwig marcher, repaired cracks on both. I know chrome inlays were usually Slingy's thing. Bottom hoop on maple 13" not Ludwig, all others are. Tension rods legit. Most washers are even infused with that umami-rich Ludwiggy flavor.

Looking for $1350 for everything. I'll take off individual drums at $100 discount each if ya want.
Shipping will be.... as reasonable as possible. Pickup in Chicago area.

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just a heads up, anyone like me that doesn't have Instagram are unable to see it. At least that's my experience.

EDIT: My bad. I didn't even try. It works.

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just a heads up, anyone like me that doesn't have Instagram are unable to see it. At least that's my experience.

I should have the account set so anyone can view it. Insta is simply the easiest free hosting, and if Zuckerberg wants to stare at pics of my drums like a weirdo, that's Zuckerberg's problem. Just wanted to give the forum first dibs before a Reverb listing.

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I should have the account set so anyone can view it. Insta is simply the easiest free hosting, and if Zuckerberg wants to stare at pics of my drums like a weirdo, that's Zuckerberg's problem. Just wanted to give the forum first dibs before a Reverb listing.

You are correct. I spoke when I shouldn't have. Sorry about that.

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I mentioned it in my other ad, but wanted to put here that this kit has had the Full Business - if it's metal, it's polished. If it's assembled, it's oiled. Shells all had Novus 3, 2, and 1. Will sell with heads of your choice, or none. Used whatever was lying around just to get them put together.

And I'm happy to take as many pics as you like.