Ludwig 9x13 Tom - 3 ply w/Rings - 1967 - Mod Orange

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have it listed for sale on Reverb.com. Nice condition. I'll do $410 shipped here on DFO.

Stretch
full badge side.jpg

Attachments

Sonar Dave

Reaction score
Why so much for one drum? I'm not saying it's not worth that, I just don't really know what drums are worth anymore. I haven't bought anything except a cocktail kit for years.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why so much for one drum? I'm not saying it's not worth that, I just don't really know what drums are worth anymore. I haven't bought anything except a cocktail kit for years.
In most cases drums are only worth what somebody is willing to pay. When you look at drums that are harder to find, not so common, still in demand, considered collectable, etc, that value can go higher than the "average" drum. If you look at the current asking prices of a 3-piece vintage Mod Orange drum kit, they usually start at at least $2000. So asking $400 for one rack tom is well within the ballpark range.

Another reason I'm asking this much? When I put this kit together in the last couple of years by buying the drums individually, I am trying to just get my initial investment back so I don't lose too much. Mod Orange tends to hold it's value, and in fact seems to get more expensive as time goes on.

FINALLY, if you search around the usual places to look for vintage Mod Orange drums to buy, you really don't find that many single drums on the market. They either get sold by word of mouth, or the Mod Orange collectors sell directly to each other. So, it's a matter of supply and demand. Low supply allows for a premium price. I'll be listing a few more in other ads that are even less common!

If my Mod Orange drums don't sell in a reasonable time frame, I'll drop the price until they do sell. I'd rather move the drums on than have them sit unused.
Stretch