Ludwig Atlas hi hat stand help

Topshelfgerd

Reaction score
Need some help here. I bought a "lot" of Ludwig stands for a very good price. This hi hat stand has a broken or actually missing metal piece that connects the bottom inner rod to the pedal. Is that part available to fix it? Or would I need to replace the entire rod connected to the pedal? OR.....would I need to just fabricate something for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

burgundy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
if I remember right the link was a plastic malar piece? I had the same problem on my speed-king kick pedal, they use a metal link. I went to my local junk yard and got a stainless wind shield wiper arm the right with, cut it to the length, and wrapped both ends around a bolt in my vice. looked like factory, nice and shinny.
if you go to e-bay, look up Ludwig hi-hat you can see the link that you need.

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you can't find the correct metal strap what about a small section of bicycle chain ?

tris66

Reaction score
My rusty old bugger has a metal strap. If you can't find one and want to make it function burgundy and 1966bmx have great solutions. For reference: Pin to pin measures 1 5/8". 1/2" wide. 1/16" to 3/32" thick. Center has an extra piece spot welded in it (must be to prevent twisting.)

Attachments

Topshelfgerd

Reaction score
I have another that I use with my kit and it's in great shape, that's what I looked at to see what the proper fix would be. I was hoping maybe I could find the proper parts to make it correct. If not, I'll figure something out. It had a leather strap connecting the parts when I got it. Actually, it worked fine, just looked a bit cheesy.

Topshelfgerd

Reaction score
I am still trying to find the correct metal piece for it. I see you can buy replacement metal linkage pieces for speed king pedals, but you can't get this replacement part?

Latest posts