Ludwig bass drum spur mounts

LBCD

Reaction score
I was noticing how much they are off from each other. Was this common? Wouldn’t think so but it was back in 67 man...
One side of the drum is lower than the other when the spurs are extended out. The fix is to either purchase longer spurs or remove the mount and re drill the mounting holes. The big issue with that is silver sparkle will be new looking where the mount was moved.
Any input is welcomed. Thanks!
55FA5AED-4F8B-4904-9AC0-F05EEFFC7A14.jpeg
8B0642FE-AEE9-496C-99D0-D11ADC40E642.jpeg

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a Ludwig thing. I would be more surprised if they were evenly mounted. They would seriously just eyeball it, say "that looks about right", and start drilling. I think it was K.O. who posted a video a year or so ago that showed a Ludwig employee drilling badge holes that way. I've got a 60's Jazz Festival with the badge weirdly low on the shell.

LBCD

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I’m looking at the Ahead spurs and the Atlas ones. Anyone replace their OG spurs with longer ones?

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Neither will work with the classic Ludwig bracket. According the the Ahead site they are 10mm. The classic mounts are 3/8" / 9.5mm. Chicago Music Exchange sells them. Try calling to see if they will fit. The Atlas' are probably 1/2" and you would have to use the Atlas mounts.

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I’m looking at the Ahead spurs and the Atlas ones. Anyone replace their OG spurs with longer ones?
check out the , inde br2 mounts .... i just ordered some for my bass drum and floor tom .... you can buy bass drum legs too gibraltar makes them , and they're longer than the ludwig ones another thing that would work is the , dw clip on bass drum spurs , they work great , i have them on my 24'' rogers bass drum

Attachments

Johnny D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my '69 Oyster Blue kit. The spur brackets were set so that the bass drum sat flush on the ground. I couldn't position the spurs to elevate the front of the bass drum even an inch off the ground. The fix was getting the longer spurs, which work perfectly.

A2992DA7-0693-4FE6-94D9-E4F009B9850A_1_201_a.jpeg