Ludwig Club Date kit production years?

Gary

DFO Master
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the possible range of production years could be for this clubdate kit?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm in the process of filling out a police report for insurance. They're gone.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
ive even seen some late 65's with that particular cymbal mount and so forth(the script within a recessed area). sorry to hear about your misfortune gary.

mike

mlvbs

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don't think Burgundy started until '66. I was thinking '67 or later because all of the Club Dates I've seen from '67 or earlier had the disappearing spur mount for a cymbal arm rather than the one in the pic. But with Ludwig anything is possible, so I'd agree with Kurt, '66-'69.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your theft. looks like it matches up to the sets in the '67 catalog (likely published in late '66).

Gary

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen.

So saturday I was moving a number of kits to storage. I decided to take a break and drive the rental van to a convenience store for a cold drink. On the road someone pulled up next to me and said the back door of the van was open. Another car pulled up and said packages had fallen out about a 1/4 mile back. I got out shut the door, did a u-turn and in the total of under 5 minutes that the drums were out on the road, someone scooped them up and made off. I got my drink and hauled a-s back to the storage facility to figure out which kit went bye-bye. It turned out to be the burgundy cd kit. It could have been far worse.

The insurance guy said if they were just damaged from falling off the truck, I'd have no claim, but as they were stolen, I will get something.

Maybe it's g-ds way of saying I have too many drums.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
That sucks Gary. Maybe they'll turn up at a local pawn shop or music store eventually.

Wait until someone posts here about the cool burgundy set they found sitting in the road.

Is that technically theft? I suppose it is if they make no effort to track down the owner...but the line between deliberate theft and lost & found might be somewhat blurry...don't get me wrong, I'm on your side, just wondering how law enforcement views it...and how the person who snagged them might have seen it? if they watched them fall from your van (or opened the door in the first place and then followed you) that's one thing...if they just happened to drive up on some drums or boxes in the road then it's a tougher call.

Hopefully you will get them back, or at least the monetary value...although it was Burgundy sparkle...how do you put a price on that :(

Gary

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm going to take whatever the insurance company decides. If they consider it theft, that works for me.

LizH

DFO Master
Reaction score
Wow. THAT.SUCKS. What area are you in? Might help if we know this to keep an eye out for them, that's not a kit you see every day...

MikeJtone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Gary,
I read this post and I must say, that is a real bummer about that set! Was that the set you bought at the Chicago drum show?

Hopefully the insurance will cover some of your loss. :(

Drumstyx7a

Team DFO
Reaction score
NY??? That's up close to you isn't it LIZ!!!!?????? HHHMMMMMMM! :lol:

J/K of course !

But I'm wondering what shape they might really be in if they fell out at speed? Would they even be reasonably useable?

I guess that you could hope for that scenario in regards to the person who took them. Were they in cases?

Overall though ... bummer!!!

Robb

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Gary said:
Soft cases. I was doing 30 or 40.

Ouch!...You may be lucky somebody snagged them. If you'd found them you probably would get nothing and the drums themselves might well be toast.

Drumstyx7a

Team DFO
Reaction score
Yeah my thinking exactly K.O.!! :thumbright:

I mean yeah I'm being a bit self centered in this thought but if they fell out and were battered up better someone else think they got something for nothing and then get home and find them bashed than for you to have keep looking at them and feeling bad about the situation.

Either way .... seems like lately you've been having a not so great time with your drums. Think maybe somebody or something (your personal choice :) ) is trying to tell you something?? :lol:

Robb