Ludwig Copper Acrolite?

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I played the Copperphonic once, loved it, and would have bought it on the spot, however I didn't get any help for over an hour a GC! At the GC by me, that's common. If I feel like killing time, ill grab sticks, and play as long as I want.
I never played an Acro, but I would guess it doesn't sound much like one?
I've feel in love with a bunch of snare drums, but always find myself back playing the Supra 402.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe its my 60+ year old ears but the differences between those three snares in the DCP video are so subtle that I couldn't clearly pick one over the others if I had to choose just one.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a sales link for the new Brass version of the Acrolite:

I had to use DCP's link because Ludwig's crappy, non updated website doesn't show either the Brass or Copper. Brand new drums they put on the market and they don't show them! Sweetwater's got them as well!
I guess the big difference between these are the other brass models that Ludwig has is the thinner shell. These have a 1mm. shell which changes the sound and puts them at a lower cost.
I'll stick to my 1.2mm seamless Super Brass!

Last edited:

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I've also seen them on Chicago Music Exchange's site. I thought about ordering one when they had a 15% off coupon, but they are still a bit pricier than I wish they were.