Ludwig "DeLuxe" concert snare stand

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen one of these, or own/ed one?
1631568162050.png

gkrk

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Those were standard issue in the elementary & middle schools (maybe still some in high school) in my town when I was that age in 1968 to mid-70s. Probably the town bought them in the late '50s/early '60s as the school system expanded. Maybe some were from the '40s. The base spins off so you can pack the whole thing easily. Heavy, as I remember but very stable. Seemed old to me back then, but now I'd like to have one.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a couple in school when I was a youngster back in the horse and buggy days! Solid.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
wouldn't be difficult to put one together find a music stand that takes a snare basket top start there that's what they did

gkrk

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These snare stands show up in the 1935 catalog. The snare drum at my elementary school was a model No. 25 Standard Concert Snare, 8 X 15 with calf heads. First snare drum I ever played on.

vintagedrummersweden

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have some Swedish ones, using one of them as a stand for the 40’s air raid siren we use on stage.

They are fine if you want to display a snare at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDA

Pat A Flafla

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like the look of that! I'd probably buy one if the price is right. But I already have two Rogers Big R concert stands which I love love love!, so I probably don't have any business buying anything else.

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a similar, if not identical base from a flood/stage light. Just debating on what snare basket.
Vintage, or more modern........

Attachments

gkrk

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a similar, if not identical base from a flood/stage light. Just debating on what snare basket.
Vintage, or more modern........
That looks quite a bit taller than the base of Ludwig (& Ludwig) snare stand. As I remember, the basket tube that went into the base tube was pretty "skinny" compared to more modern folding ones. But it's been a long time....

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It is definitely taller. But….. Lowe’s has piping that is the same diameter, and threaded, so I can get a shorter main tube.