Ludwig Drum Co. - kudos

Ryukyu

Reaction score
@zenghost I'm not a big fan of wood finishes, but that is absolutely gorgeous.
How do you like the resonance of the toms with the Triad bracket? Did you get classic full size or mini lugs on everything?
I'm not sure if I would drill the bass drum for a tom mount, go with the Atlas Arch rail mount or what. I got the Yamaha Crosstown cymbal stand to lighten my load a bit and I'm not sure I would mount a tom off of that.
Enjoy your kit!

-Rick

FloydZKing

fire bad!
Reaction score
My recent new Ludwig set is kind of a novelty and I really didn't expect it to be as good as it is. I got one of those limited purple sparkle Vistalite 24/13/16 sets. Yes, the 9x13 badge is a little crooked but I was fairly shocked at the overall quality. I also had to swap out shorter tension rods on the 14x24. The set has the small classic lugs all around and the supplied rods were bottoming out in the base of the lugs before reaching tension.

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
@zenghost I'm not a big fan of wood finishes, but that is absolutely gorgeous.
How do you like the resonance of the toms with the Triad bracket? Did you get classic full size or mini lugs on everything?
I'm not sure if I would drill the bass drum for a tom mount, go with the Atlas Arch rail mount or what. I got the Yamaha Crosstown cymbal stand to lighten my load a bit and I'm not sure I would mount a tom off of that.
Enjoy your kit!

-Rick
The Triad brackets are working fine on the toms and floor toms. I am used to INDe brackets, but definitely prefer the far less obtrusive wing-nut orientation of the Triad bracket - less springy as well.

I use DW aluminum floor toms legs on most kits and find they are well worth it regardless of the bracket.

One of the few things I am dogmatic about for my kits is having toms mounted on the bass drum - regardless of the kit cost or finish etc. I’m not a fan of the Atlas arch mount and have standardized on a Tama tom holder model that works for my set-ups and offers some welcome modularity.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's funny because every Ludwig kit I have bought has been perfect, without incidence. Beautiful finishes, beautiful bearing edges, great chrome plating, etc... I have bought many kits since 2000! I really love these drums and they sound terrific.

Ryukyu

Reaction score
The Triad brackets are working fine on the toms and floor toms. I am used to INDe brackets, but definitely prefer the far less obtrusive wing-nut orientation of the Triad bracket - less springy as well.

I use DW aluminum floor toms legs on most kits and find they are well worth it regardless of the bracket.

One of the few things I am dogmatic about for my kits is having toms mounted on the bass drum - regardless of the kit cost or finish etc. I’m not a fan of the Atlas arch mount and have standardized on a Tama tom holder model that works for my set-ups and offers some welcome modularity.
Curious, why Tama, and not a Ludwig tom holder? I'm having a hard time making a choice because it seems like they discontinued all of the finishes that I like.

Latest posts