Ludwig early 70s Champagne Sparkle bassdrum 22"

Iwan

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for an early 70s Ludwig Champagne Sparkle bassdrum 22". (24" also an option!)
Best would be virgin or with railmount but diamond tomholder will be also considered.
I know there's one on Ebay right now but for some reason communication with the seller is not that easy going and he says that he can't garantee that the drum is perfectly in round.....
Maybe that seller is also a member here?
I'm located in the Netherlands so shipping overseas is needed.
Please let me know if you have something and thanks in advance!

Iwan

Iwan

Reaction score
In the meantime i got an answer from the seller on Ebay who's selling one there.
The heads spin om the bassdrum but witjh some resistance so I guess the drum isn't in round.
Search continues!

Iwan

Reaction score
GiantBeater said:
My friend has a 22" champagne club date with rail mount. Interested?
Thanks for your message GiantBeater!
At this time i would prefer a classic bassdrum instead of a club date.......
Sorry! :)

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Iwan said:
Are they so hard to find?!?!?! :D
Unfortunately! I've been looking for a blue and olive badge 24" with a rail mount for at least a year and I've yet to find one. A few diamond plates have come along, but none that the owners would sell separately.

Iwan

Reaction score
TheElectricCompany said:
Are they so hard to find?!?!?! :D
Unfortunately! I've been looking for a blue and olive badge 24" with a rail mount for at least a year and I've yet to find one. A few diamond plates have come along, but none that the owners would sell separately.
Hmmmmm That means it will take some time before I find one I guess.......
I'm not specially looking for 24 I would love to find a 22 inch and if it has the railmount it would be best but diamond also fine with me!

Peteinvicta1

Reaction score
What about both rail mounts and diamond mount? I have a nice 22" champagne sparkle bass drum with rail mount ('67 I think) but it had the diamond mount drilled at some point. I think it was professionally done as there is no splintering and it sounds great. Let me know if you have any interest in a player drum.

Cheers,
Peter

Iwan

Reaction score
Peteinvicta1 said:
What about both rail mounts and diamond mount? I have a nice 22" champagne sparkle bass drum with rail mount ('67 I think) but it had the diamond mount drilled at some point. I think it was professionally done as there is no splintering and it sounds great. Let me know if you have any interest in a player drum.

Cheers,
Peter
Thanks Peter for your reply but I'm looking for an early 70s drum to match my 13 and 16 1970 toms :)

sazemanek1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 67 Ludwig 22" with the center post and leg mounts. The rods, lugs & badge are gone. The hoops are there, are in ok shape and need paint, with no inlays. Its been around the block more than several times and needs TLC.

SAZ

Attachments

Iwan

Reaction score
sazemanek1 said:
Hi,

I have a 67 Ludwig 22" with the center post and leg mounts. The rods, lugs & badge are gone. The hoops are there, are in ok shape and need paint, with no inlays. Its been around the block more than several times and needs TLC.

SAZ
Thanks for your reply!
Still searching for a 70s one.......
Maybe 60s would also be an option but with clear maple inner ply.
That computer looks awesome in thet bassdrum hahahaha

Okay who's next? :p

Latest posts