Ludwig Elements Cymbals- Why can I not find any info on these cymbals?

VladB

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I have these cymbals I got when my parents purchased a drum kit for me when I was little. The drum set was a black Ludwig Element Series. Drums are fine, however these cymbals that I got with them are... well to say the least terrible and I upgraded recently to some better quality Sabians. I am trying to sell the old cymbals because I have no use for them. I have not been able to find ANY information at ALL on the internet about them. The cymbals don't have any codes or anything etched except for the printed logos. I was wondering if anyone knew what there are and just any general information about them.
The sizes are:
Ride: 18"
20190701_131257[1].jpg

Crash: 15"
20190701_131433[1].jpg

Hats: 13"
20190701_131522[1].jpg

20190701_132601[1].jpg

20190826_211446[1].jpg

Thanks.

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Welcome Vlad. I don't know where or how you looked for information. Here's what I see.

Ludwig Elements B8 Cymbal Pack
The Ludwig Elements B8 Cymbal Pack are using B8 Bronze alloy, offering tone, projection, and durability superior to many other "entry-level" cymbals. This Cymbal Pack includes a pair of 13" hi-hats, a 15" crash and an 18" crash/ride.

Next we see that the Ludwig Elements kit was supplied with ZBT cymbals in the USA/Canada only

so I suspect those unbranded ones were supplied mainly outside USA/Canada and will most likely appear in other countries. For example a week ago in Ireland

where they didn't have interest at the asking price of EUR55 for a set which was missing the 18" ride. There is a full set currently in Canada which shows that some were sold there:

From the look of the photos (and the seller name being related to your DFO name) I'd say those are the same ones as appear in this thread.

aldenyc2012

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt you'll get anything substantial ( you can fill in what "substantial" is worth ). Put them up for sale here ( in the for sale section ) and simply state "best offer" and see what you get. If no one responds ,, there's your value and if someone offers you something you feel reasonable, go for it. Just realize that boxing and shipping them will most likely cost more than they are worth so that will probably kill the deal. maybe you can donate them to some school that has a music program?

VladB

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Awesome feedback. Yeah, I don't think these will sell for much. They were truly horrible sounding cymbals and I am happy I upgraded to something better. I'll probably look into donating them. Thanks again you guys are the best!

Latest posts