Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If only those drums could talk!
White or mahogany interiors?
Really cool

thejohnlec

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love a happy ending! After all this time, they are now obviously in good hands - congrats and enjoy!

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
under all hardware was a gasket, looks like some one covered them in mac-tac years ago, then removed by cutting around all hardware, maybe that helped save them, gave them a quick scrub.
Great job on the cleanup, Mike.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
i posted this on ludwig face-book a day ago, got lot of interest, so thought i would post here as well.

i have a friend who i have know & played with the last 40 years, after he got tired of playing on the road he started a open mic club, every now and then his drummer would quit, so i would fill in, now this club is dark inside, but i can tell i'm on ludwigs that sounded amazing! after show i tell him when he's ready to sell drums i want them.
20 years later he calls me up, ( covid has shut him down for awhile ) asks if i'm still interested in drums, i said yes, what do you want for them? he asks if i have gas to get to his place? 1 hr. away, i tell him yes, he says that what it will cost you, your gas!
now these things have been sitting in storage 20 years or more, before that in his club they were the house drums, used hard & put away wet, i didn't think anything that dirty & beat up could live, but i had wanted them for years, tried to pay for them but he said they are yours, enjoy them.
now there had been a few times thru the years were he had tried shows only to lose his shirt, rest of band mates wanted paid, i told him no, if he lost i would take a lose too, i'm guessing pay back?
now these drums are in ruff shape, battle scares, and grimmy as can be, i ended up with a 22"x12" bass, 16" floor, two 12" one that is B/O badge, 14" snare, not a pimple on it! somewere along the way rail was removed, and post added along with the B/O tom. all rims are COB ,only badge left is on snare 135748. also came with 20" & 18" Zilco canadian symbal
Congratulations! Looks like nickel plated lugs in those pics.

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Looking good! I can hear the roar of that Silver Sparkle all the way over here.

burgundy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

levelpebble

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
under all hardware was a gasket, looks like some one covered them in mac-tac years ago, then removed by cutting around all hardware, maybe that helped save them, gave them a quick scrub.

Really surprised that there's no evidence of box-cutter slips/slices around those lugs. That would require a lot of patience and good fortune for the person lazy enough to not remove the lugs when they decided to remove the over-wrap. Oh my what were they thinking? But good for you! Nice save going on there in N.B. CA!