Ludwig late 60’s 1402 Cymbal Stand Question

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m cleaning out my hardware boxes and putting some stuff up for sale and want to get this right.

This 1402 came with a late 60s full cataloged set. Music books, pads, brass, etc...all original stuff. So, should this stand have the carriage bolt and nut? I know later ones have the Mickey Mouse nut followed by a larger T type nut in the next generation.

I’m grateful for any help you can offer.

Thanks!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I just checked mine and also pics of two more. They have the carriage bolts but with a wingnut in place of your conventional hex nut. Hope this helps.

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just checked mine and also pics of two more. They have the carriage bolts but with a wingnut in place of your conventional hex nut. Hope this helps.
Thanks Mike! That makes sense. It occurs to me I have a parts bag associated with the set and bet there will be wing nuts in it. The owner was so meticulous.

The hardware is starting to overflow areas. Who needs 6 1123’s? Next up is Slingerland. Lots of questions there. It seems like some of the late 50s to early 60s Ludwig, Slingerland, and Camco start to blur. Fortunately I did keep one ‘59 sample set as a proof.

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had a second generation 1402 cymbal stand that had a "T" bolt at that location. Pictures provided.

-Mark
Thanks! Yep, the “T”. I have that on a couple of 1364 snare stands. If I remember correctly, one came with a late 60s perhaps ‘68. Do we know when Ludwig started using the second generation “T”?

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks! Yep, the “T”. I have that on a couple of 1364 snare stands. If I remember correctly, one came with a late 60s perhaps ‘68. Do we know when Ludwig started using the second generation “T”?
I'm not quite sure about these dates, but most likely some of our members will know this!

-Mark

Latest posts