Ludwig Neusonic

dangermoney

Reaction score
Saw this today. Anyone have any insight about this?

I apologize in advance if this has been posted already ...

Last edited by a moderator:

brianb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just logged on to see if anyone else had posted about this. Im excited to hear more. I love the finish on the kit in the video. I really dont have a guess as to what the series is but cant wait for more info.

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
I see Neuvo-Keystone badges, Classic leg & tom mounts, and Mini Classic lugs. They talk about how remarkable the kit is at it's price point, but they were finishing and assembling that tom in the US factory, but could have been an outsourced shell

Perhaps something along the line of the old Rocker? Remove every frill possible in order to get a US-built kit at a low-mid price point?

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they're trying to fill the gap left by the old Signet series (offering a USA-made product with no frills to keep the cost more affordable)?

dangermoney

Reaction score
These drums sure look interesting ... I can't wait to hear more myself.

She mentions "vintage feel" in the teaser video and the inner ply on that shell looks darker [to me] than usual. I wonder if it's a vintage style kit to be manufactured in the Monroe facility that they plan on offering at a more affordable price point ...

bellbrass

DFO Star
Reaction score
They sound great, but then again, the sound was processed and that added to what we heard. The drums were tuned well, for sure.
It sounds like this will be a new USA-made "affordable" line. I hope they do well with it.

R

RickP

Curious as to what the shell makeup is and what finishes are available , not to mention the price point

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder if they took a page from Josh's playbook regarding shell layup, no gaskets, minimum hardware and such. Just guessing, not trying to start any rumors.

RobbiefromAtlanta

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
CaptainCrunch said:
I see Neuvo-Keystone badges, Classic leg & tom mounts, and Mini Classic lugs. They talk about how remarkable the kit is at it's price point, but they were finishing and assembling that tom in the US factory, but could have been an outsourced shell

Perhaps something along the line of the old Rocker? Remove every frill possible in order to get a US-built kit at a low-mid price point?
Looks like they were making the shell in the video

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
RobbiefromAtlanta said:

Looks like they were making the shell in the video
I was watching on my phone at the gym, so I couldn't tell if they were laying up plies or just wrapping.

If they could do USA shells for what dude called "an awesome, affordable kit", I'll be doubly impressed.

Carlos McSnurf

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hanover Fiste said:
Looks like Ludwig's take on an INDe type kit, right down to the finish.
Good observation. I think that way too.

And seems nowadays you won't sell any NEW drums without mention sacred VINTAGE. Geez....

Iristone

Reaction score
mfryed2112 said:
I hope they rid of some of the lower lines with this series
+1. Like when there were Super Classics, Club Dates, and Standards. ;-)
EDIT: I mean when everything was made CAREFULLY in the LUDWIG factory, and the prices are differenciated by function rather than cutting corners.
Iristone

Wackerman12345

Reaction score
Street price will start at 999$ for 3 pieces kit, supplment Shell will start at 299$! (Source from Ludwig drums Facebook)

Latest posts