Ludwig Neusonic

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
mgdrummer said:
Dont they already have an affordable USA made line in the Keystone series?
I generally see new 3-piece Keystone kits advertised for around $1500 so this new line will be even more affordable.

Hanover Fiste

Reaction score
dhartman said:
Facebook says six ply maple/cherry hybrid shells in four wrap finishes.
Hmmm...interesting....if that was a wrap finish in the clip, then I wonder about the possibility of the wrap going into the mould with everything else like they used to do(?), without the wrap extending down into the scarf joint, of course.

Vanhalen1984

Reaction score
The wraps are Formica based in solid colors.
Mounts, Spurs, Claws all come from the Signet series
They are using the Micro classic lugs similar to what used to be on Classic Birch years ago.

For durability, the Formica wrapped shells will be great because the finish is part of the shell lay up and they can bake in the back of your car or under the hot sun outside on a gig with no issues. Finish wise your just not going to get a cool Delmar wrap or a wood grain, so for its price it might be a cool gig kit.

The only small detail I'm not a fan of is the non adjustable Signet spurs. Depending where they drill them on the shell and the type of bass drum pedal you have you will only get one position.

Seams like the Signet series conservatively rehashed without the innovation leap of the lugs and designs. (BTW I loved the sound of the Signets).

Iristone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cherry?!... Blah, I don't want them to be the same cheap Asian firewood on CDSEs (though I don't think they would be the same).
Signet spurs are a plus for me. Only wish the Signet lugs can come back.
Iristone

Christian C.

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Black Cortex! Yes! That stuff is damn near indestructible. I'm keen to check these out in person.
The new Heirloom snares are peaking my interest as well.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Iristone said:
Cherry?!... Blah, I don't want them to be the same cheap Asian firewood on CDSEs (though I don't think they would be the same).
Iristone
I think the CDSE's had Gum in the mix as well and maybe these don't?

RyanR

Underaged Curmudgeon
Reaction score
MLayton said:
Iristone
I think the CDSE's had Gum in the mix as well and maybe these don't?
Indeed, gum. There was something about those CDSE shells I didn't like (Technically, mine were Element SE). The drums just wanted to be low and fat. They did this extremely well, but you just couldn't get the pitch up on them. Cherry and Maple should be a good hardwood blend, so maybe these will do OK?

I dunno...

-Ryan

Blisco

Reaction score
Boy oh Boy! A 24X14, 13X9, 16X16 Pro Beat in white for $1000 and that would be a sale.

I love my Keystone Workhorse as a gigging kit with 22X18 but I hanker for a 24.

And I adore my CDSE Downbeat with the 20 in cherry/gum.

I'd have all my basses covered :)

JCKOriollo

DFO Master
Reaction score
How dare they call a 22x16 a fab kit. Cmon Ludwig. Havent you learned your lesson before. :)

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Gotta say, I do really like that skyline blue. And the mix of maple and cherry could be pretty sweet...

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Rich K. said:
Vintage feel...c'mon...
Meaningless term.
maybe they have a coating of cigarette smoke on them
Then they'd have a vintage smell.

Perfect for the older drummer...who also has that vintage smell!

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they took aim at that price point? It must be that the industry is realizing the biggest impact in sales is under 1k.
Man its a great time to be starting out as a drummer, with so many options and the quality is unreal these days.