Ludwig Neusonic

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
IronZeppelin said:
http://www.promusic.news/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/ludwig.jpg

I like how they are mounting the Atlas tom mount in a TOM MOUNT position, and not in place of one of the lugs. I think the whole atlas tom mount-as a lug concept is silly and dumb looking
It's not the ATLAS mount, it's the Triad tom mount- same isolation principle, but no lug replacement functionality.
And wasn't the ATLAS mount designed to be a "no drill" upgrade option?

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
xsabers said:

I like how they are mounting the Atlas tom mount in a TOM MOUNT position, and not in place of one of the lugs. I think the whole atlas tom mount-as a lug concept is silly and dumb looking
It's not the ATLAS mount, it's the Triad tom mount- same isolation principle, but no lug replacement functionality.

Ok I didnt know they offered both. I thought they simply bolted an Atlas mount on there and left the swivel nut out of it or something

bpaluzzi

Reaction score
BBeyer said:

Ok I didnt know they offered both. I thought they simply bolted an Atlas mount on there and left the swivel nut out of it or something

Yeah, it's the old Signet Triad mount. Same basic idea of the Atlas, but the entire "lowest tier" (the part closest to the shell) is different.

dangermoney

Reaction score
More info is starting to trickle out.

In addition to what has been discussed already ...

The shells are 3-ply maple on outside, 3-ply cherry on inside.

Two vent holes with badges that can be setup to show for right/left handed players.

I am starting to see $1500 advertisements online ...

mgdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the script logo just look a little "wrong" on such a modernized/streamlined Ludwig kit?

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
mgdrummer said:
Is it just me or does the script logo just look a little "wrong" on such a modernized/streamlined Ludwig kit?
I looks right to me, especially with the Keystone badges. I never related to the modern logo.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
"Fantastic name!" NeutroSonic
I wouldn't mention that to anybody but
the drums look right.

"poppies"

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like they have something pretty good here. It distinctly lacks many things that usually bug me at this price range.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
One of the criticisms of the Signets was they weren't "Ludwig" enough due to the lugs...so maybe this is take 2 on that theme but with the "right" lugs this time. These smaller lugs have been seen before and also they get another line where they can use the Signet developed hardware (which might still be in the red as far as tooling costs).

dangermoney

Reaction score
I am really liking the no frills simplicity in this kit. I can't wait to hear more real world sound samples ...

drumdevil9

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like these way more than the Signet which I was not a fan of. Simpler, nicer finishes and better lugs (I can't stand the Signet lug). I still don't like the spurs (my cheapest Gretsch kit has adjustable spurs. Jeez...but I guess they have stock to get rid of) and no tom mount is a deal-breaker for me. But at this price it can't be everything.

Still wouldn't trade my CDSE's which tune up high just fine. ;)

Carlos McSnurf

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Tom holder seems not included in the pack.

Remo heads made in China

Generally looks more appealing to me than Signet but keep in mind that it's maple/cherry shell.

Available from April.

Latest posts