Ludwig parts needed

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
For those that don't know the backstory, here's the link to my new find/project.

There are some parts missing I am needing.

I'll start with the small things.

4 broke Bass Drum Casings.
I need all 4 CASINGS - in case someone has just them laying around.

I need 1 spring ( I have two from the broken ones)
20200525_151719.jpg

I need 1 complete Casing/spring/TRod/Claw.

20200525_152034.jpg
20200525_151907.jpg

Secondly (please see the info in the linked thread) I am in need of the following
Correct Bass Drum Tom mount (I'm not sure which one yet. I haven't been able to find GOOD closeup pictures of the hardware)
Bass Drum Tom arm with L arms.
Tom Mounts.
Bass Drum Spurs (Complete)

Obviously, none of this needs to be new. In fact, used is preferred to match up with the rest of the used condition of the kit.

Let me know what you may have.
THANKS.

Last edited:

cworrick

Reaction score
Found a picture and detail of what I remember the Spurs looking like
Looks like the 5/16" according to the details I found.

1590438489068.png

cworrick

Reaction score
This is as close as I remember the tom arms looking like.
There are "newer" ones that had the molded plastic wing bolts. This kit never had them, so it must be this older model

1590439027208.png

burgundy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
so far, every thing is moveing, I've had no problems, maybe few days later as every thing has gone on-line shopping?

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I would not bother replacing the spurs. The ones on the drum could be the correct ones depending on when the drums were made. They are the same spurs anyhow but Ludwig "upgraded" them to a thicker steel spur at some point in the mid 1970's.

Were those my drums I'd probably leave the Tama tom base in place as well just because it will work as well (maybe better) than original Ludwig design, and the damage is already done anyhow. It doesn't really make economic sense to spend the money to put all the correct parts back on the drum because once there are extra holes in a drum you can't undo that fact. I mean whatever makes you happy is certainly important but it's a losing proposition as far as money spent and the original parts won't make the drums any more playable. I'd leave the Tama base on the drum, which I believe is compatible with the Ludwig holder (I think the Tama uses a 1" downtube like the Ludwig has) and then I'd put INDe mounts on the toms which will function better than the Ludwig brackets and not require any additional drilling.

I definitely do understand the desire to make everything "original", and, if not for the extra holes, it would be a worthwhile endeavor. At this stage of the game it takes some careful consideration as to whether it's worth the expense. If it is to you then, more power to you, this is just my opinion or what I would probably do faced with a similar situation. Please take this in that spirit.

Many of the parts you seek are still available new. Drumsonsale.com is a great source for these various parts.

For the areas where the wrap is damaged you might try using some sparkle glue to fill in the missing areas of wrap. It's not a perfect substitute but can hide the damage, especially from a few feet away.

Good luck with your restoration.

Replacement B/O badges can be found on ebay.

The pro beat was the set I lusted after the most when my 12 year old self would dream about ordering a new drum set from the Ludwig catalog back in the early 70's. To date I've never owned one...but I'm not dead yet.

Latest posts