Ludwig piccolo

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I recently got a b/w Ludwig maplempiccolo snare in a trade and the ones I’ve looked up some had muffler and some don’t. Mine doesn’t. Did only some come with it?

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I recently got a b/w Ludwig maplempiccolo snare in a trade and the ones I’ve looked up some had muffler and some don’t. Mine doesn’t. Did only some come with it?
Mine does not. I wasn't aware any of them had one. Which one do you have? Mine is really a lovely sounding and good looking tube lugged maple.

I'll call on @Elvis because he is pretty much an expert on these and helped me a lot when I was purchasing mine.

IMG_20210619_140642.jpg
IMG_20210619_140716.jpg

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Mine does not. I wasn't aware any of them had one. Which one do you have? Mine is really a lovely sounding and good looking tube lugged maple.

I'll call on @Elvis because he is pretty much an expert on these and helped me a lot when I was purchasing mine.

View attachment 505055 View attachment 505054
I have this one. Big pure sound wires on it with a Evan’s hybrid head. Haven’t done nothing to it yet just played not sure if I like the big wire set on it or the head.

Attachments

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I wouldn't think you'd need a muffler for a piccolo. They are already so thin, that it almost sounds like one is being used.

This big wires might be a bit much for a piccolo, making it sound even boxier than they already can. I use an Evans G1 batter and I like it.

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I wouldn't think you'd need a muffler for a piccolo. They are already so thin, that it almost sounds like one is being used.

This big wires might be a bit much for a piccolo, making it sound even boxier than they already can. I use an Evans G1 batter and I like it.
Ya I’m gonna swap the head and wires. It is very very sensitive with those wires.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the maple one with B/W badge. Import 3x13. I put a P32 butt on it. The Gibraltar small throw is great as are the mini lugs. I clear coated the inside and refinished in satin mahogany to match some kits I have. It did have a muffler but it was a gawdy thing with a large knob. I added a vintage small knob Ludwig muffler. Since I love mufflers, it works great.

The red one above is a USA model. Much "better" I presume. Mine was $100 shipped if I recall. But I do like the tube lugs, though.......

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sure is. Cherry stain?
Thanks for the compliments guys, and yes, it's cherry stain. I bought this one for $200 complete and I've been really happy with it. It's a 93 Classic Maple best I could figure.