Ludwig Revette Kit???

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have one of these? It's based on the classic Jazzette kit with the correct sizes, but it's a 5 ply with oak-3x maple-oak shell. I guess they were a special kit with input from Revival Drum Shop.....interesting....thanks!

felis

Reaction score
That's the Keystone X shell layup - https://www.ludwig-drums.com/en-us/ludwig/products/drumkits/keystone-x

"....
Three-ply Classic Maple core with 1/16" inner and outer plys of American Red Oak.

Keystone's 5-ply combination of a Classic Maple three-ply core between inner and outer 1/16" plys of American Red Oak creates a thin, dense shell that speaks loudly with quick, even decay...."

But it only lists a 22" and 24" bass drum available. If they're a Ludwig kit, maybe it was an exclusive done up for that shop or something.
Sounds interesting, but I hadn't heard of it before.

EDIT: Easy enough to find though: https://www.revivaldrumshop.com/products/drums-ludwig-revette

stevil

Reaction score
People speak very highly of them and I've tapped on one at Revival. The details are really cool.

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Totally by chance, I actually saw that today, too. Looks nice. If only I weren’t on the opposite side of the country....

felis

Reaction score
I like it a lot - except for maybe one thing.
Might be an optical illusion, but it looks like the bass drum spurs should be a bit longer.
In the pics, it looks like the front is positioned about as high as it will go, the front is barely off the floor, and they're not using a lift.
If you stuck a lift on it, the bass drum might be angling down towards the front.
Other than that, it looks great.

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ironic. I just picked up a 2012 Club Date SE Jazzette on Sunday and came across the Revette when exploring info. Nothing here to add but looking forward to learning more.

As far as the gull wing spurs, one pic shows the same minimal lift as the originals. So, true to form repro limitations. The club date se Has the same script logo FT hardware and BD spurs described for the Revette. I don’t lift my 18” so no big deal but as one might tell I don’t care for the spur even on my vintage kits. Not all things are worth a revisit Ludwig.

Price seems fair especially if it can be had on sale or better yet used.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am not a fan of oak but have only played Yamaha oak. Was wondering if these drums are as warm as maple and have a nice jazz tone versus the (IMO over-) volume of oak.....there is a local used kit for sale....

BlackPearl

Reaction score
Not all things are worth a revisit Ludwig.
Besides, the original Jazzettes had telescoping spurs, not the gull wings. At least the 70's set I briefly owned did. As does the set here :

Still wouldn't give much extra lift I guess.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes Black, my 60's "Jazzette" kit has disappearing spurs and I don't use a lift on it the rare times I do play it.

Latest posts