Ludwig snare cord

ekim

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get that original orange ludwig snare cord from?

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the only listing I could find for orange. All of the other Ludwig listings have turquoise color cord. Very strange. I bought orange Ludwig snare cords a year or two ago and found lots of it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ludwig-P4078A-10-Yards-Snare-Cord/283153892053?epid=26022976931&hash=item41ed4982d5:g:shEAAOSwVzdbl37O
That is strange! I haven't seen the turquoise version before now but that's most of what I see online too. I am getting low on orange cord, but I will probably order some turquoise to have the variety available. It's $4 cheaper for the same amount.

https://www.amazon.com/Ludwig-P4078A-Yards-Snare-Cord/dp/B00KNSPBUI/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_2?keywords=ludwig+snare+cord&qid=1551470116&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmrnull#

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
It doesn't much matter to me if it's orange or turquoise in color as long as it's the same stuff. Nothing else seems to work as well for snares. I've always figured that whatever it is it's probably intended for some other purpose than snare drums but I've never been able to find another source for it. I have found a similar thin black paracord at a surplus store but it is a bit thinner than the stuff from Ludwig.

Is the new stuff otherwise the same as the original besides the coloration?

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I really like the orange on black and fortunately still have some. I suppose it will be nice to have two choices.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
JP - I just happened to be swapping out blinds in my older kid's room and read your post so I snagged the cord - I now have about 20' of nice, usable white cord (my fave color!).....great idea...I should be good for life.....great idea so thanks, man!

Jake Marshall

Reaction score
“Blind” cord is what i use too. Never had an issue. I had Noble & Cooley repair a snare recently, the snare never even left the house and the cords frayed and poped in 2 months. Replaced them with the blinds cord, haven’t had to adjust them since.

Cheers,
Jake

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
JP - I just happened to be swapping out blinds in my older kid's room and read your post so I snagged the cord - I now have about 20' of nice, usable white cord (my fave color!).....great idea...I should be good for life.....great idea so thanks, man!
Excellent! I don't even need to be swapping them out, I'll cut that cord right off.
Honey, have you seen the blind cord? What, you talking to me??lol

ekim

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nothing sounds like the orange snare cord. accept nothing less than the orange.

charlesm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ordered some of the orange cord from Chicago Music Exchange a few months back. It was listed as Ludwig brand. I received the turquoise cord instead. Sent message and the rep replied that it is the same and that Ludwig had been in the process of switching over to using the turquoise.

In general, I think what you're looking for is DOUBLE-BRAIDED nylon cord, not single-braided. Many hobby and craft stores carry similar cord, but I noticed that a lot of it is single-braided. I also noticed that even the thinnest cord I could find was too thick to easily thread through the eyelets on the P-83 throws I have.

So, bit the bullet and ordered the actual Ludwig cord. Works fine.

trommel

Reaction score
What is the thickness of the Ludwig orange double braided cord?

Latest posts