header.nohb.html

Ludwig snare heads

drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm if Ludwig is or has ceased making their own snare heads. Thanks

idrum4fun

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hi drummer!

This has been discussed many times on multiple forums. Ludwig continues to make 14" batter and snare-side heads. They're provided as standard equipment on all USA-made Ludwig snare drums. The snare side head, with lower collar, is a great head! That, plus it's one of the only heads that will allow the Super Sensitive mechanism to lower the snares properly.

-Mark

drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was well aware that Ludwig heads are made by Remo with the exception of snare batters and resos. However on a Ludwig group yesterday a guy stated that everything is now made by Remo. He says he knows production managers at both Ludwig and Remo and that was his source of info.
Thinking I might have missed an announcement stating the Ludwig snare head manufacturing had recently ceased I came here for confirmation one way or another.

Last edited:

idrum4fun

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was well aware that Ludwig heads are made by Remo with the exception of snare batters and redos. However on a Ludwig group yesterday a guy stated that everything is now made by Remo. He says he knows production managers at both Ludwig and Remo and that was his source of info.
Thinking I might have missed an announcement stating the Ludwig snare head manufacturing had recently ceased I came here for confirmation one way or another.
We'll have to see if this can be confirmed. I hope that Ludwig has not ceased production of 14" batter and snare-side heads!

-Mark

LRod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
My last new Supra which I bought a couple of months ago came with the Weather Master's. If they end up not making them anymore, I think I'll be buying a couple new ones to keep stocked.

drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable no one knows the answer.
So no one with a connection to Ludwig,
no endorsers, no experts, no retailers?

hsosdrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez, I ought to auction off the one that came on my BB back in 2013. I only had it on the drum for about 40 minutes before I replaced it with a Remo Fiberskyn FA.
;)