Ludwig snares with "large" classic lugs?

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang
Reaction score
Were there any Ludwig snare models with large classic (floor tom, etc) lugs? I've got a line on a nice 8x14 shell and a box of parts, and wondering how that would look/if it would work...

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don't recall any models with the large single ended classic lugs. Even the deep marching drums used the smaller version and the deep shelled concert type snares typically used the double ended design. Although with Ludwig you can never really say never. I have no doubt there would be some snares out there with the bigger lugs that the factory put on...but I don't recall any in the catalogs as a regular model.

atomicdave

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have a 10x14 Chicago large keystone badge snare with large Classic Lugs....twas a marcher Ibelieve, but I think offered as set snare also.

viaduck

Reaction score
I think they started using the large lugs on 8 x 12 toms in the 70's. Pictures of those might give you an idea of how it looks.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
"If there's a snare- short shallow- snare out there I don't want to see it ok? ;)
thxs appreciates it..lol

Still having nightmares from a picture posted of a (factory?) RB Gretsch small tom (8x12?) with Large lugs..
Don't do it Don't post it I beg you..

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the digging, folks!

Think they'd look good on that drum. It's a lot of snare drum, and I like the look of those lugs, so I'll go for it. Will update when I get around to it (it's still two projects deep for me).

Latest posts