LUDWIG Speed Flyer and Speed King pedal REVIEW.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Good review by Carter...even though he's got an endorsement the review doesn't "read' like one...so many of the endorsement videos sound like they are reading directly from the "kool-aid" can I'm looking forward to the speed flyer, I think it will have some improvements over the Atlas I'm using now, which I really like....thanks for posting

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wish I had that foot, haha. Curious how these would feel compared to JoJo pedal.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Says his foot isn’t fast .....WTF ???
I’ve been trying to get quick doubles
for years to no avail .
I don't know anything about him as a person but I thought the same thing. Perhaps some false modesty?

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I would have liked the review better if he had used the pedals on the same bass drum.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but I don't recall hearing him talk about the improvements Ludwig has done to the Speed King. All I heard was that they did.

Both pedals do look really nice though.

GeneZ

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grew up in NY.. now, Georgia -NW of Atlanta
Maybe I missed it but I don't recall hearing him talk about the improvements Ludwig has done to the Speed King. All I heard was that they did.

Both pedals do look really nice though.
Not so much in how it plays. In how its constructed. I believe that's what he was getting at. Its what can be seen when he holds the old pedal next to the new.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Not so much in how it plays. In how its constructed. I believe that's what he was getting at. Its what can be seen when he holds the old pedal next to the new.
Ok, thanks! I'll look again.

Looks like they added a tuning key holder and beefed up the hoop clamp. I don't see anything else, but I'd have to see it in person.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks! I'll look again.

Looks like they added a tuning key holder and beefed up the hoop clamp. I don't see anything else, but I'd have to see it in person.
There was a NAMM video I'll try and find but I think the main thing is they reduced the metal to metal contact points.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the new Speed King compares to those that have been refurbished and modified? The new Speed King could cut/kill the business's of those who specialize in resurrecting/improving them.

gmiller598

Reaction score
I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I've never played a Speed King before. Considering how many people still use them I feel I should give one a chance.

Latest posts