Ludwig Speedmaster (Red Version) - Loose Rocker Cam

tone-def

Reaction score
Not sure if I've got the parts terms correct but I've posted a video to help show what my issue is. The rocker cam appears to be held (fixed/non-adjustable) to the crossbar(?) by one or two rivets (can't tell if it's only one that goes all the way through). That connection has a lot of play in it which causes a great deal of rattle and side to side play. I'm curious to know from others that have this pedal if that is something common. Is that rivet original to the pedal? I found a pic online of a blue or black model with the same type of rivet. Is there a way to fix it, maybe with a shim? Liquid nails? Or drill out the rivet and replace with something like a set screw?

Attachments

Last edited:

burgundy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
i have same pedal, red as well, same problem, i supported the can over a nut, used a drift to punch the pin out, i found the was not enougth space to add a shim to take up slack, so i drill a hole slightly larger, and added a roll pin to hold, seems to be working for now?

tone-def

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! So it's a single pin going all the way through the cam to the other side?

Latest posts