Ludwig Standard Single Six S-340

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am considering of thinning the heard, and I am not 100% sure I am doing this, but...

1969 Ludwig Standard Single Six S-340 nesting kit (only made for one year!), the drums are the 3ply with maple re-rings (same as the classics), 8, 12, 13, 16, 22, 5x14 in gold mist (looks like orange sparkle), single headed kit, the finish is also on the inside, with the rare triple tom mount, cowbell bracket on the floor, all the original hardware: 2x cymbal stands, hi hat stand, bd pedal, sd stand.

The good: everything is in round, no structural issues, chrome is very clean, the finish on the outside is nice.

The "opportunities": the finish on the bass drum INSIDE is Ludwig gold mist but not the original to the drum (it was missing), the stands have been painted black by the prior owner (but not the triple holder, legs, or spurs), the finish on the inside of the toms has lifted here and there but still glued to itself, which happened on these kits.

I have been keeping track of these kits on the internet and have only found ten (10) others, of which I have kept photos: lemon strata, ruby strata, blue strata, avocado strata, silver mist, blue mist (x2), silver astro, blue astro, charcoal astro.

The prices are all over the place, but for my DFO friends, $750 plus shipping.

Attachments

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Odd but very cool. A unique sonic and ergonomic scenario.

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm surprised that you found 10.
Bermuda had a set for a bit....

Great price ...

brhythm

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh man! I've wanted one of these for a long time. And guess what color my main road kit is? (Check my avatar... Gold sparkle Ludwigs!

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Someone here, some time ago, posted a pic of John Densmore playing one of these sets. Cool. GTWS!

flippantminister

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! I have one of these kits in bronze strata. Love it, fantastic recording kit. I didn't realize they were made only for one year! Great price on your kit too, I have a friend who is casually looking for one, will mention it to him.

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies!
Here are more photos.

Attachments

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The interior of the snare is granitone, on the toms and bass underneath the wrap is natural wood. Not sure if it is mahogany or maple. I will check.

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
More Doors, and Mr Densmore.

Also, the insides appear to be:
bass/kick is: maple/poplar/maple with maple re-rings
all toms are: mahogany/poplar/mahogany with maple re-rings
snare is: mahogany/poplar/granitone (lol!)

The head are Remo pinstripes on the toms, Evans hydraulic on the kick, and Ludwig medium weather master snare batter and Ludwig 80's clear resonant snare side. The choices worked perfectly for "Hair."

Attachments