Ludwig super sensitive, but from what year?

Lord Ny

Reaction score
I saw this snare on shop goodwill, and I am trying to figure out approximately what year it was manufactured. The pictures don't show the throw-off from both sides, and it looks like they probably removed the gut snares and put some strands on with string instead.... which can't be as good as the gut and seems to defeat the parallel throw off. Anyway, what year do you think this is from

Lord Ny

Reaction score
I think you are right. I wish it wasn't missing the muffler. I like the baseball bat ones.

kdgrissom

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not one of the very early ones (this has the plastic cams and slides). It has the the heavy small tier imperial lugs, so I would say COB easily. Missing the detachable snare guards, too.

Lord Ny

Reaction score
Did you get it? I have a pre serial brass Supra and SS.....
No, I didn't bid on it. I really think the price is already too high for a drum missing so much. I have been looking at these and the Premier 2000s. There is one old Ludwig on Ebay right now with top and bottom snares. If I had not already bought a handful of percussion instruments recently I would buy it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/293664510666

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's also missing the Super Sensitive snare wires, the early ones that are impossible to find. Someone just added regular snare wires & cords
44338623012507atdd.jpeg

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not one of the very early ones (this has the plastic cams and slides). It has the the heavy small tier imperial lugs, so I would say COB easily. Missing the detachable snare guards, too.
Yes, odds would favor COB based on those early lugs.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My SS has only half the original wires so I get how finding the correct early ones is a pain!