Ludwig Super Sensitive Re-Build Question

Blkonyx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all.
This came with a drum kit I purchased. Looks like someone didn't like the super sensitive snare and put a Rogers Throw-off instead.
I'd like to at least make the drum all Ludwig and think of getting a P-85. Im assuming this will result in more extra holes? or is there something I could do here to replace the rogers parts?

Attachments

levelpebble

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think you're stuck with a players drum there, Ryan. Don't know of anyway to undo that. Although there won't be as much of a drop in value as supras are so much more popular than supersensitives. So an extra holes Supra is more valuable than an extra holes Supersensitive, which is more valuable than an extra holes Lud-gers.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Like levelpebble said, it's now a players drum! Since it came with the drum kit, just enjoy it for what it is! No sense it putting more holes in it...or having extra holes if you went back to the SS mechanism. BTW, if you did go back to the SS, please keep in mind that you'd need to use a Ludwig WeatherMaster snare-side head to have the snares engage/drop correctly. All the more reason to keep it as it is and enjoy the legendary sound!

-Mark

Blkonyx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Gotcha, I think the other thing I didn’t mention is the Rogers Throwoff is not perfectly attached to the shell because of the middle beam. It’s best I replace at least the throw-off. Just really curious if a Ludwig p-85 would be my best bet here? Or is there a throw off on the market they would be better? I have no desire to make those a super sensitive again.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Having converted a super sensitive to a Supra by way of just P85 and a butt plate, you're not going to have the same holes. Your Rogers holes may or may not work but at the end of the day you may be able to use one of them. You may also be able to use the original upper hole of the super sensitive throw off. Like others have said, that drum doesn't have much value because of the multiple holes. I wouldn't care. It's a sweet drum and I'd play it. It won't affect sound.

Keep in mind that I would want Ludwig on both the throw and the butt plate and it would throw off my drum OCD if the butt plate stayed Rogers. I have a black face P85 and probably a 70's butt plate if you're interested in a swap.

Velociamator

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I went the other way and made a Supra into a Super--but of course to do that, you need all the parts. But when you're done, SS parts cover all those nasty extra holes.

Ajbambino

Reaction score
Hi all.
This came with a drum kit I purchased. Looks like someone didn't like the super sensitive snare and put a Rogers Throw-off instead.
I'd like to at least make the drum all Ludwig and think of getting a P-85. Im assuming this will result in more extra holes? or is there something I could do here to replace the rogers parts?
You can probably use an Inde throw and butt plate (use the universal throw and butt, not the standard) since they already butchered the shell with the Rogers throw.

Latest posts