Ludwig Thermogloss Jazzette Project

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are nitro cans from Ohio Valley Nitro and StewMac. I put together an HVLP setup at one point to repaint my 77 Datsun pickup, but got scared off by the threat of harmful VOCs and decided to let a pro do that.
I'll have to investigate that product for my walnut shells. I've used clear and black "lacquer" from the hardware store on hoops for years but it looks like you are getting better results than I typically achieve....then again it could all be in the application technique.

Lee Van Kief

Reaction score
I'll have to investigate that product for my walnut shells. I've used clear and black "lacquer" from the hardware store on hoops for years but it looks like you are getting better results than I typically achieve....then again it could all be in the application technique.

Hard to say. At $20/can, I'm taking my time. There might be something to be said for a cheaper, faster option on high wear items like hoops. This stuff is high quality, but high maintenance during application.

Lee Van Kief

Reaction score
Looks like Aged Clear from StewMac is going to give the best results, but I only bought one each of a few different tints for testing, so I've got another on the way to get sufficient coverage.

A4BBFABD-36CD-4226-B41D-B34A98167B00.jpeg