Ludwig trans badge 69' brass supraphonic

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Birthday gift from my awesome wife!

1969 Ludwig supraphonic 5x14 "cut b/o" badge, "B" stamp above the muffler, date code "Dec 3 1969", and another larger ink stamp that says "B-something-something".

Put Remo Renaissance Emperor batter on it, and Ludwig Weathermaster snare side, otherwise, all original. Sounds awesome!

Attachments

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Congrats and Happy Birthday Paul. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. That's a great snare and a even better wife!

Mike

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
jptrickster said:
Where did that turn up, Ebay?
Solid drum!
Thanks everyone!
It was actually only a mile away, here in southern Illinois. A friend had it and wasnt using it.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
rsq911 said:
Solid drum!
Thanks everyone!
It was actually only a mile away, here in southern Illinois. A friend had it and wasnt using it.
I grew up in Carbondale. Nice drum, I had one but sold it. Wish I hadn't

rsq911

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
jaymandude said:
Solid drum!
Thanks everyone!
I grew up in Carbondale. Nice drum, I had one but sold it. Wish I hadn't
Excellent! We are still here. Shoot me a PM, wonder if we know each other or crossed paths.

atomicdave

DFO Master
Reaction score
Fine seamless COB drum indeed...I have one also! Interesting to see the date stamp of late 1969 and we always call these 1970 Endorser cut badge. Mine came to me with thicker hoops, rather than the 70's newer thin style that I think seem to be on others. Not sure on mine being orig, but they are Ludwig hoops, just the thicker 60's type...drum came to me with no heads, from unknowledged seller....I think were triangle holder pieces stuck with the hoops on the drum :D (I have COB Supra hoops that I have sitting with mine, gonna try those on some day).